Richard Dunne

Zatman

not just slow. You would think being in the top flight for so long he would have this experience , seems like a rookie school boy to me.

2nd goal was a classic example - could have stick to his man but decided to stray and tried to clear the ball, but not making that contact what so ever.

When you defend for 45 minutes straight under constant attack players will make mistakes largely he did okay...I Blame Eck

That's the point people don't seem to get. Our defence is under constant pressure because our midfield offers no protection.

Our whole defence is a shambles bar Given the rest should be shipped out asap. Dunne was floundering for the second goal he looks too slow and clumsy and if I'm being honest he looks like he couldn't give a shit about playing for us as he's on a big wages and will be paid regardless. I guess that could be said for a lot of the overpaid wasters on our books atm.

Tin hat on but Dunne is constantly our best defender in what is an outstandingly poor defence. Not a great game today but still the only reliable one we have. Cuellar was too far off his marker today for both of the goals, Warnock makes the odd block but if he got closer to his man he wouldn't have needed to break Taylor's leg. Even Given looks like he's lost some of his elasticity recently. Villa are very poor defensively.

Dunne is consistently a liability and costs us far more goals than anyone in the team. He was largely at fault for both today he is terrible yet for some reason people defend him when he is actually far worse than any of our other defenders. How anyone who watched the game today can think he was anything other than poor is beyond me.

For some Dunne is immune to criticism when in reality he is the biggest liability we have in the side. Our defence will not improve with him in it, he should no longer be in our starting 11.

Tin hat on but Dunne is constantly our best defender in what is an outstandingly poor defence.

This pretty much.

I actually agree, although it's not hard to be the best player in what is a pretty shocking defence.

Today he was really poor though, and certainly not our best defender

Dunne is consistently a liability and costs us far more goals than anyone in the team. He was largely at fault for both today he is terrible yet for some reason people defend him when he is actually far worse than any of our other defenders. How anyone who watched the game today can think he was anything other than poor is beyond me.

For some Dunne is immune to criticism when in reality he is the biggest liability we have in the side. Our defence will not improve with him in it, he should no longer be in our starting 11.

I absolutely agree pity the manager doesn't. Dunne is , I believe, the only player to get picked for every game by Mcleish

Needs replacing in the defence by Clark (he could do no worse and would be better IMO) Central defence needs to be Clark and Cuellar and I think having Clark there may also improve Warnock's game.

Sell him in the summer window. Would get 3-4 mill, which accounting wise will give a profit and free up 50 000 pound a week.

Also get rid of Collins and Warnock for the same reason.

Keep Cuellar, buy a quality CB and let Clark/Cuellar fight for the second place and if Baker develops, keep him as a fourth choice.

And buy a good DM.

And a left back.

So he didn't have a very good game there once 18 months ago so we dont play him there again even though it is his position. Yet Dunne has had more than one game there not being very good but we should still pick him? I mean Chelsea 7 Villa 1?

In addition I would just say at that point last season Clark had not had many first team games and was a young player learning the game, you have inconsistencys from them, what's Dunne's excuse?

not really Clark is too weak for central defence and Ba and Best(later Cisse) would have destroyed him like Carroll did last season unless playing with a Vidic type defender. For me Nathan Baker looks a better central defensive prospect physically prospect than Clark these days

Â