Richard Dunne

Zatman

Whether you are motivated or not, doesn't give you the right to get drunk as a skunk at a get together and abuse other members of staff. That would get most people sacked from their jobs.

You missed out the bit where he was picking on one our younger players. So we can add bullying to the sorry saga.

We all make mistakes and act stupidly at times, so im happy to let bygones be bygones.

Oh yes, I had forgotten about that, it was Delph that he was having a go at IIRC. I'm a bit less forgiving than you though. I would be letting his contract run down, whilst looking for better replacements. That goes for Collins and Warnock too. You find out a lot about peoples characters in tough times, and these guys characters did not shine.

Thats a prime reason why I'm not going to watch us play this year.

It was obvious that Dunne didn't give a damn last season.

Houllier make you run Dunney?

Just counting his days to his last pay packet in the U.S

This.

50 grand a week and he threw his dummy out of the pram because he didn't like the boss. Boo hoo.

If ever there was a statement of how out of touch a footballer is with the people who turn up to watch the game.....

Although I did renew I think you are spot on, to come out and say what he has just said shows that.

At what point did he consider the fans and his job when he was throwing his dummy out of the pram? He wouldhave been one of the first out the door if we had been relegated.

I remember the comment he made about having called a truce with the manager to see that we get out of trouble . WTF!! I remember thinking then "oh so what you are saying is that you have been playing like that on purpose!" We actually went on a good run after that. Sorry, but even if he is having a good season I wont forget these comments.

I agree. This is why I can't understand why some have been suggesting that the captaincy gets handed over to him.

I knew there must be a reason why Dunne being back in form is not that in fact all that great and thank you to this thread for supplying it. Jesus...

I think everyone on this thread wants what is best for Aston Villa. Everyone is happy that he has refound his form, some wish that he would have been professional during tough times last season. Whether he has done enough to cover over the cracks in his relationship with the club remains to be seen. I would imagine that Randy will not forget being let down.

From a personal point of view. You have to ask yourself, if you were in a tough position who would you want to back you up and be on your side. Someone who has been loyal and given there all through think and thin, or someone who has sulked and let you down when you needed them most.

What is bothering me most, is that last year we had a number of youth players stepping up to the first team action for the first time at this level (Albrighton, Bannan, Hogg, Lichaj etc). Players who require the experienced professionals to show them the ropes and guide them through. Did he show them the right way a professional should act?

If he keeps playing as well as he is, then that's fine by me.....being a defender under Houllier must've been bloody awful. If Darren Bent were to come out and say that he's unhappy and demotivated under Mcleish, he wouldn't get half of this criticism. In fact all of the criticism would be levelled at Mcleish's door.

Yup!

I happen to think Richard Dunne (on his day) is the 2nd best CB in the prem after Vidic. He was an absolute disgrace last year, along with a number of other players, most possibly all of them at one point.

Lets just forget it, it was awful!! Got away with it, now lets look forward.

Ive always said we wont replace Young/Downing with the players weve brought in. But, we will replace them with a combination of those players along with the organisation/discipline (which has resulted in players like Dunne/Gabby giving a shit again) that Mcliesh has brought.

Gerard Houllier is battling to stop the wheels coming off at Aston Villa after being involved in a four-letter training ground row with defender Richard Dunne.

The former Manchester City man, an influential figure in the Villa Park dressing room, tore into Houllier and assistant Gary McAllister on Friday afternoon.

Amid a string of expletives, he is said to have branded Houllier's training "a joke" and his tactics "desperate".

Senior players are said to be backing Dunne, with concerns over old-fashioned training methods.

They vented their frustrations at a meeting on Wednesday to which Houllier was not invited.

In fairness to Dunne last year around west brom game he was made captain for a period. he apparently was asked his opinion and he told Houllier they needed more defensive training and Houllier wasnt impressed and insulted him in front of the squad and dropped him

If Darren Bent were to come out and say that he's unhappy and demotivated under Mcleish, he wouldn't get half of this criticism. In fact all of the criticism would be levelled at Mcleish's door.

So true.

Just the houllier fans still being foolish.

Professional sports is more than just trying hard. You need to be focused, you need to be prepared and you need to have self belief and confidence.

A good manager can help provide all those things or as houllier did a shit manager can pretty much destroy those things.

Dunne is a good player and i'm glad he's back to top form.

Dunne was a joke last season on and off the pitch. Whoever suggested he should be captain should be shot. I mean who actaully said that because I can't seriously imagine Villa fan suggesting he should get it.

But Collins is even worse. I mean right now he's on the Wales bench and yet he gets first pick in our team. That's beyond laughable. He is totally shit who can't make any correct decisions and just hoofs 24/7.

MON bought too many words removed who are no where near their wages value. The fans who support these pisshead clowns should hang themselves in shame. I can't wait until we get them off the wage bill the bunch of overpaid lazy talentless ****!

The fans who support these pisshead clowns should hang themselves in shame. I can't wait until we get them off the wage bill the bunch of overpaid lazy talentless ****!

As a Villa fan you think i should buy a rope and hang myself?

Dunne was a joke last season on and off the pitch. Whoever suggested he should be captain should be shot.

Shooting is too good for these retarded delusional fools with their "opinions".

They should be gang raped and dragged through broken glass whilst being forced to watch episodes of My Family.

Dunne was a joke last season on and off the pitch. Whoever suggested he should be captain should be shot.

They should be gang raped and dragged through broken glass whilst being forced to watch episodes of My Family.

Apart from the glass part, that sounds a fantastic evening.

Apart from the glass part, that sounds a fantastic evening.

In fact I hear that most evenings round Brumerican's house involve these very practices???

Dunne was a joke last season on and off the pitch. Whoever suggested he should be captain should be shot. I mean who actaully said that because I can't seriously imagine Villa fan suggesting he should get it.

But Collins is even worse. I mean right now he's on the Wales bench and yet he gets first pick in our team. That's beyond laughable. He is totally shit who can't make any correct decisions and just hoofs 24/7.

MON bought too many words removed who are no where near their wages value. The fans who support these pisshead clowns should hang themselves in shame. I can't wait until we get them off the wage bill the bunch of overpaid lazy talentless ****!

Oh dear!! Worst post in VT history.

Â