Richard Dunne

Zatman

Paul McGrath is the best defender to ever pull on a green jersey.

However, Richie's performance yesterday was the best individual defensive performance by an Ireland player. And anybody who's read my posts on God on this forum will know that is a big statement for me to make.

The Honey Monster was immense. Back to his best? I reckon he just set himself a new level.

Gazton, you rate it above God vs Italy in '94? I have not seen Dunne's performance yesterday. If so, that is high praise indeed!

I suppose it's hard to draw direct comparisons because of the quality of opposition and the prestige of the event.

God vs Italy 94 was an excellent performance, yet it was an excellent disciplined team performance too.

Last night was a pretty shambolic team defensive performance, yet Richie put himself in the way of things when it seemed everything else was falling apart around him.

To sum up, yes, better than God vs Italy 94 as an individual performance in adversity.

Wow. Given and Dunne immense for Ireland, the Wolves fans crowing about having 4 Irishmen can **** shove it.

Take that form onto the weekend lads.

Doesn't help we have dumbo Collins as part of the duo who was on the Wales bench, which must have been embarassing. All what's required is Clark and Dunne in the middle and we've basically got some technical steel in central defence with Given pulling off the hollywood saves.

What a shit post, I rarely venture into this part of the forum on account of crap like this.

Can't you and your sort just let it go for a bit, and actually get behind the players we have at our club?

Doesn't help we have dumbo Collins as part of the duo who was on the Wales bench, which must have been embarassing. All what's required is Clark and Dunne in the middle and we've basically got some technical steel in central defence with Given pulling off the hollywood saves.

What a shit post, I rarely venture into this part of the forum on account of crap like this.

Can't you and your sort just let it go for a bit, and actually get behind the players we have at our club?

Completeley agree, to many morons on here.

Paul McGrath is the best defender to ever pull on a green jersey.

However, Richie's performance yesterday was the best individual defensive performance by an Ireland player. And anybody who's read my posts on God on this forum will know that is a big statement for me to make.

The Honey Monster was immense. Back to his best? I reckon he just set himself a new level.

Gazton, you rate it above God vs Italy in '94? I have not seen Dunne's performance yesterday. If so, that is high praise indeed!

I suppose it's hard to draw direct comparisons because of the quality of opposition and the prestige of the event.

God vs Italy 94 was an excellent performance, yet it was an excellent disciplined team performance too.

Last night was a pretty shambolic team defensive performance, yet Richie put himself in the way of things when it seemed everything else was falling apart around him.

To sum up, yes, better than God vs Italy 94 as an individual performance in adversity.

I undersatand your delight after Dunne's performance yesterday and he was brilliant but I think you need to watch McGrath v Italy again. So does God for that matter!!

Even if Dunne is back to his best he's still likely to drop a bollock at any moment. Good player when he is fully fit and focussed but he just switches off too often for my liking.

Hes bloody slow aswell.

But at this moment in time, we have no other choice but to play him, and to be fair, hes there on merit.

I want to see Dunne against one of the top four this season before we can say he is back to his best, whatever that is?

The best in which he got into the 09/10 PFA TOTS?

Â