Richard Dunne

Zatman

this is totally disrespectful !.

Dunne has been a very good player for us in the 4 yrs he has been here. As yesterday, he makes the odd error, but , as yesterday, that odd error usually is sandwiched between about 10 times he bails his other defenders out of trouble !.

Ask any of the Irish side, or Irish experts who the first name on the team sheet should be, and the answer is Dunne - Ray Houghton actually said this about a month ago. Said about how he is the leader, how all the other players look up to him, how he is Mr Dependable.

This is a huge part of the argument on here and elsewhere. Irish fans (of whom we have a lot, which is great) love Dunne - he's something of a national hero, and that's fair enough. He's rubbish though. An awful player. This 'oh he'll be great most of the time but then have a few howlers' drives me insane. Give me someone who's 7/10 and cuts out the howlers and then we'll stop conceding as many. Our defence (not just him) guarantee goals to the opposition every game.

I will judge McLeish firmly on what he does with our defence this summer and Dunne needs to go.

And, just as I started this looking at the Irish side of things, just want to say my favourite Villa players ever are mostly Irish - and I love the likes of Robbie Keane and Shay Given now. You can't be too careful with the current racism climate in the Premier League ;-)

I would have no problem with Dunne being our CB for the next few seasons.

I think he's a very competent defender and there are much more pressing areas of the squad that need revamping.

I think he's a very competent defender and there are much more pressing areas of the squad that need revamping.

I couldn't disagree more.

For all people complain about negativity/creativity etc we have some very good attacking players. We have some promising youth coming through.

Our defence is awful. Maybe Dunne is no worse than Collins, but we can improve on both.

Too many errors, particularly against the top clubs

We need to find two new CBs as a priority

Got to disagree mate.

Two new full backs has to be our main priority, and then maybe, just maybe, the two centre backs would perform better because they would be able to concentrate on their own games rather than having to bail out the two wastes of space either side of them!

Who gives a crap what God thinks of Dunne? Just because he was great doesn't mean he knows how to spot if a player is any good!

If I recall correctly, Pele said that Nicky Butt was the best player in the 2002 world cup. So great player, doesn't make a great judge.

And Sir Alex Ferguson thought Alex McLeish was an exellent manager who would be perfect for us.

The main problem for our defence is how frequently they are completely over run as a result of absolutely no protection from midfield.

Every one of them would look better with more protection. They are all involved in our games far too much!

For all people complain about negativity/creativity etc we have some very good attacking players. We have some promising youth coming through.

Our defence is awful. Maybe Dunne is no worse than Collins, but we can improve on both.

Of course we could.

But other areas are more important.

Agree about the midfield.

I think we looked far stronger in defence when Herd was playing in front of them.

This is why I am not too down about this season. I can see w have a basis of a bloody good side if we just let them make their mistakes.

Clark, Herd, Lichaj, Alby, Gabby, Bent, NZog, Bannan are all very very good players that can make us proud again for the next 5 yrs at least

Couple with that if the likes of Guzan and Hutton can show what the managers saw in them in the first place (and in Huttons case, his performances have been vastly over exxagerated on here, since about November he has done OK)

then I can see a bright future.

Oh my god - shoot me, it must be a court marshall offence here to actually support the club at the moment. !!!

Of course we could.

But other areas are more important.

I don't think other areas are more important. Cuellar will be gone in the summer. That leaves space to sign a centre half and its vital that they're better than Collins. The most important signing we'll make will be a centre back.

Dunne is still a good defender. He's clumsy but he's out of positions trying to cover for the rest of the imbeciles he's playing with half the time.

Yet again at fault for a goal, total liabilty.

Agree and the problem is, all of them are making mistakes which is reflecting in our performances.

Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Hutton have all at some point played a part in letting in stupid goals.

Clark has been shaky this season, and Carlos has been better but has still let players run off him or missed headers but as of yet this has not lead to a goal.

People are quick to jump on Warnick and Hutton and rightly so at times but Dunne doesn't get half the stick he should. He costs us so many goals but because he throws himself around and wins a few headers he seems to get away with it.

He is the biggest problem in our team by some considerable way, we won't sort out our problems with him in the team.

Who gives a crap what God thinks of Dunne? Just because he was great doesn't mean he knows how to spot if a player is any good!

If I recall correctly, Pele said that Nicky Butt was the best player in the 2002 world cup. So great player, doesn't make a great judge.

And Sir Alex Ferguson thought Alex McLeish was an exellent manager who would be perfect for us.

your correct,he got his mate the job so he can sell him ash young.

People are quick to jump on Warnick and Hutton and rightly so at times but Dunne doesn't get half the stick he should. He costs us so many goals but because he throws himself around and wins a few headers he seems to get away with it.

He is the biggest problem in our team by some considerable way, we won't sort out our problems with him in the team.

It is a problem that will not be fixed imho. I think Dunne will be here next year if Mcleish is. The Villa mafia 3.5.6 are killing us.

Â