Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

The hate this guy gets is laughable and disgusting.

Yes he hasn't delivered for the most part but he hasn't called out teammates, clearly tries hard in training, hasn't got in trouble on or off the pitch, keeps a low profile etc etc yet gets treated worse than a Bluenose. Stay classy lads  :bang:  

• Like 2

No chance of him going to the MLS with a year left on his fat wages here.

He'd get more in America

I seriously doubt any MLS side would buy him from us and give him wages above what we pay him.

Michael Bradley makes 86k (pounds, not dollars) a week at Toronto

The hate this guy gets is laughable and disgusting. Yes he hasn't delivered for the most part but he hasn't called out teammates, clearly tries hard in training, hasn't got in trouble on or off the pitch, keeps a low profile etc etc yet gets treated worse than a Bluenose. Stay classy lads  :bang:

Been utter tripe since he has been here, no effort on the pitch and embodies the whole 'I get paid a mega **** ton of money for doing as little as possible' attitude of a lot of modern day footballers. His 'performance' at the fa cup summed him up perfectly. Can't wait for him to be out of here.

• Like 1

He'd get more in America

I seriously doubt any MLS side would buy him from us and give him wages above what we pay him.

Bradley is a high profile US international and will generate attention and signed from Roma in his prime when he was near enough a regular starter

N'Zogbia would probably make as much impact as Kevin Doyle signing has

Zog would easily be able to get 50-60k a week there. Imports are paid handsomely, it's their homegrown guys who earn a comparable wage to a McDonalds store manager (I'm not even joking either)

He'd get more in America

He is on £79k a week according to most reports but that isn't the point, I wasn't saying no players in the U.S. are paid that sort of money, I said I doubt anyone in the U.S. Would buy him and pay him more than he gets here.

unless your a DP like Gerrard, Lampard or KEane he wont get that salary. Only 10 players made more than $2,000,000 last season and he is nowhere near his reputation. Martins for example has a bigger international profile and he made 1.8 million. He be on same level as Ridgewell who got 1.2

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was on big bucks. He was a high profile replacement for a high profile departure and we were never going to get him by paying him buttons at the time.  I think the 'hate' he gets is because he has fallen so far short of expectations and as others have said, it's the effort that he appears to put in that really gets people riled up.

Yeah there or there about's, absolute waste of money in fact I'd go as far as to say he is one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Don't forget he was on the verge of a move to Small Heath only for in McLeish's words the "goal posts" to be moved at the last minute over wages, with N'Zogbia or his representatives reported to have been asking for another £10k a week.

If I recall correctly the figures then were £50k then asking for £60k.

So I think it is fair to assume that similar figures were the basis of him joining us not that long after.

Personally I don't think he gives a damn about football, I didn't when he was at Newcastle and neither it seemed did Sir Bobby, I didn't when he pulled the above over the move to Small Heath and nothing I've seen of him here has altered that.

Even McLeish who signed him for us questioned his attitude not long after.

People may defend him saying he has never bad mouthed the club etc, well personally I don't think he cares enough to do so. Besides we pay his wages every week which I suspect is the most important thing.

I think he deserves the 'hate' in he gets, if by hate we are talking about the modern, internet 'haters' vernacular if we are talking actual hate I don't care enough about him for that. He could be a more than decent player, problem is I don't think he is that bothered about it.

On a positive note though, 365 days left of the lazy waste of a shirt.

• Like 3

i hate to say this, but when the side started to turn around under Sherwood he was one of the reasons behind that

it doesn't make up for the stupid summer injury or the times he was useless, but I think he was also heavily mismanaged and can't be blamed for the stupid wages he was given.

I do find it odd that when he was playing and we started winning, he was being praised, not by everyone but there was a level of optimism around him. Same with Sinclair.

Then Southampton and the FA Cup happened and the hate came back for both.

I am sure the Hutton love in is back to 'not good enough to wear the shirt'

oh and Zog was gash in the FA Cup Final but so was everyone else.

Â