Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zog is now the only remaining serious waste of wages. I say waste, but maybe there's some reason to have a player who runs, dribbles and then gives the ball to the other team for a counter-attack.

Joe Cole and Sendoras are a waste of wages.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zog is now the only remaining serious waste of wages. I say waste, but maybe there's some reason to have a player who runs, dribbles and then gives the ball to the other team for a counter-attack.

Joe Cole is on a contract that means he doesn't get paid as much if he doesn't play, and Senderos was a decent player during the stint before his injury. I think you are letting your prejudice against their signings cloud your judgement.

Joe Cole is on a contract that means he doesn't get paid as much if he doesn't play, and Senderos was a decent player during the stint before his injury. I think you are letting your prejudice against their signings cloud your judgement.

There is no prejudice against their signings they are just a waste of wages because they are always injured!

Lower wages, though, and both of them have done well enough when played. Zog is the only crap one left on the kind of wages we should be paying to players at the peak of their career.

Lower wages, though, and both of them have done well enough when played. Zog is the only crap one left on the kind of wages we should be paying to players at the peak of their career.

He may be crap but at least he is available for selection!

Shay Given?

Shay Given?

He left today

There is no prejudice against their signings they are just a waste of wages because they are always injured!

It's 2015 mate, I don't know how to break this to you but squad players cost £20k a week.

Joe Cole is better than N'Zogbia.

thing is, we  are contractually obliged to pay people like nzogbia - we may not agree with the contract that he was given, but that's academic now...

what I would say is that since Sherwood has arrived, he has tended to start or come off the bench, ahead of the rest of the squad who don't start - weimann, Sinclair, gil and anyone else that Sherwood had at his disposal...

I may be simplistic but I view it like this.... say he's paid 60k now, but worth 20k - for us to get rid of him, we'll have to pay 40k per week to him for the remaining year of his contract for him not to play for us. at that price, bearing in mind that he is still starting or participating in most of our games, who could we get (that would be prepared to join us) for 20k that would be a starter in Tim Sherwood's eyes? if there's no-one, then its quite a simple decision... he stays...

whether he deserves a start in the squad that we have is something that I will save for the tim Sherwood thread...

Although to be fair its like discussing which shit smells nicer.

• Like 1

It's 2015 mate, I don't know how to break this to you but squad players cost £20k a week.

I don't care what their wages are. They never play!

Joe Cole is better than a lot of players. But he is always bloody injured!

I'd wager you are better than Nzogbia and I have not seen you play,  much like I have not seen Nzogbia play

He may be crap but at least he is available for selection!

He wasn't for a long time, pissing away his Villa wages at Las Vegas pool parties while we were battling relegation.

I can't wait to see the back of him, it will almost feel like a new signing not being able to pick him.

Â