Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

One player at the club that I have absolutely no feeling for! I understand transfers do not always work out but more than one manager has given him the opportunity to shine and he obviously has zero willingness to do so. A place in a cup final team and bearly breaks sweat - complete and utter word removed!!

Edited by ferguson1

Can't say I blame him.

Let's face it, no ones going to match the wages he's on now for the large amounts of jack all he does. Clearly someone who has more passion for money than the sport.

• Like 1

Signing zog up in a contact that has totalled £23m sums up the mismanagement that has preceeded Remi Garde. Can't really blame zog, would any of us turn that sort of money down. He was never worth it and always a big risk based on his patchy history at other clubs. Alex McLeish was a terrible manager, and signing like Zog and other mediocre players on high wages and long contracts sanctioned by Learner have what's got us into the state we are now in. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Biggest waste of space we have ever have. How has he lasted here five bloody years??

The fact he has lasted 5 years is yet another illustration of what's wrong with this club...anywhere else they would have found an exit plan for him.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Always amazed me McLeish went back in for him after the way he messed SHA about the summer before.

Guess we were desperate back then with Young and Downing both leaving within weeks and it was an easy target for McLeish.

That's the story of our recent life.....easy target.....on easy street.

15 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

Signing zog up in a contact that has totalled £23m sums up the mismanagement that has preceeded Remi Garde. Can't really blame zog, would any of us turn that sort of money down. He was never worth it and always a big risk based on his patchy history at other clubs. Alex McLeish was a terrible manager, and signing like Zog and other mediocre players on high wages and long contracts sanctioned by Learner have what's got us into the state we are now in. 

On the money.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

That's the story of our recent life.....easy target.....on easy street.

Pretty much, I'd say Ireland and N'zogbia sum up our demise in the last 5 years.

Players who'd played well in fits and starts at previous clubs, had questionable attitudes/motivation to football and yet we signed both as key players to rebuild the club and it has ended in tears.

I was going to put Given in aswell but unfair as his attitude was generally good here even if he was well past his best.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

The fact he has lasted 5 years is yet another illustration of what's wrong with this club...anywhere else they would have found an exit plan for him.

I doubt any club could find an exit plan for someone like nzogbia bar paying up the contract in full.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty much, I'd say Ireland and N'zogbia sum up our demise in the last 5 years.

Players who'd played well in fits and starts at previous clubs, had questionable attitudes/motivation to football and yet we signed both as key players to rebuild the club and it has ended in tears.

I was going to put Given in aswell but unfair as his attitude was generally good here even if he was well past his best.

I would have him in there now instead of Guzan or Bunn.

• Like 2

I will get slated for saying this but there was a time when we could have got some mileage out of Nzogbia, if we had actually ever given him more than 3 consecutive starts in the team. But for the entire Lambert reign playing anyone remotely creative was seen as a luxury. I know people hated Stephen Ireland but again at that time we had become a club where if a player appeared surly or wasn't tearing up turf to track back and sweating blood for the cause, they were a figure of hate. Anyone not a headless clogger was immediately dropped if we lost.

Look at Gil a player creative midfielder we seemingly wanted for years, yet still deemed as a luxury or not good enough, mainly because he is quite lightweight and can't tackle, but why should he? Is that his role?

Now Zog is a dick so was Ireland, but in all honesty most players are, the fact some (maybe more management than fans) seem to think we can have a team of 11 Delphs (a massive tool but always worked hard) or Cleverlys seems pretty daft, I swear Sherwood would have played 11 Westwoods if he could. Grit and hardwork alone will not win you matches, one of the reasons we fail is because we have players who can't or don't do the job they are supposed to effectively, so we expect other players to pitch in to make up for their shortfalls.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

It's the sheer cheek of N'Zogbia to come out and say what an awful lot of footballers are thinking that is shocking.

He effectively plays a part: one that he and the Villa hierarchy created. He's like one of those old WWF wrestlers who would play the heel. Unfortunately, I think the chip that was on his shoulder when Le Havre picked him up when he was stealing cars is still there. Society owes him something in his mind. Villa we're willing to pay the money. It's Zog musical chairs: when the music stopped, we ended up lumbered with him.

I hope he reflects on his career in twenty years and thinks that perhaps he made some questionable decisions. I doubt he will ever have this kind of insight. He'll continue to buy Darth Vader-inspired clothing, goading the odd fan on Twitter who remembers him and live a lifestyle that is unimaginable to most of us.

I hope he goes bankrupt. I've been to Le Havre: for the most part, it's a shit hole.

What a waste of talent. 

Â