Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Honestly think he should be used in our run-in. One of the few players we have who actually has some form of end product however rare. Put him in place of Sinclair on the bench at least. Plus he links up well with Gabby for whatever reason (mouthwatering I know), since we're forced to use him now anyway. He did contribute to our survival last season let's not forget. I still think he has something to offer, and I realize this is not a very popular opinion.

• Like 3

Yes. Did you read mine?

Let's just agree to disagree.

Yeah.

I've not advocated "forgiving" him for all his past ills. Neither would I Randy Lerner, who I detest FYI, though I would say fair play to him regardless.

Happy to leave it there yes, it felt like you were putting words in my mouth so hopefully that is clarified.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The poor guy had to spend an hour or two talking to a pretty girl, I'm sure he didn't have any ulterior motives.

The amount of disrespect he has shown the club and its fans (not just in levels of performance but via social media), it is will take a lot more then this to forgive him.

When he does something meaningful like a decent charity donation or something that benefits a large amount of the fan base let me know.

Maybe Lerner or Fox should take a pretty girl out to dinner if that is all it takes.

Who is it to say he doesn't give to Charity?

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Who is it to say he doesn't give to Charity?

Who is to say he does? Maybe he does and I genuinely hope he does. Show me him doing something generally decent and I will applaud him for it, but I will not applaud him going on a date.

Actually Garde have no problems with N'Zogbia. It seems like freezing him out comes from higher up...Like it matters if he plays with the first team or not. November 2015.

It looks like a recurring theme at Villa. Freezing out players who make too much money, instead of utilizing them, like with Hutton.

Upon his appointment Garde spoke to club officials to check if there were any issues that were stopping N'Zogbia playing.

The 29-year-old is into the final 12 months of a five-year deal, having arrived under Alex McLeish's management in the summer of 2011.

"I think Charles N'Zogbia is an interesting player," he said.

"I just asked the club if there was a problem with him.

"There wasn't so he was quite okay in the training sessions. I thought he could be useful for the team, so that's it."

Actually Garde have no problems with N'Zogbia. It seems like freezing him out comes from higher up...Like it matters if he plays with the first team or not. November 2015.

It looks like a recurring theme at Villa. Freezing out players who make too much money, instead of utilizing them, like with Hutton.

Upon his appointment Garde spoke to club officials to check if there were any issues that were stopping N'Zogbia playing.

The 29-year-old is into the final 12 months of a five-year deal, having arrived under Alex McLeish's management in the summer of 2011.

"I think Charles N'Zogbia is an interesting player," he said.

"I just asked the club if there was a problem with him.

"There wasn't so he was quite okay in the training sessions. I thought he could be useful for the team, so that's it."

He's commented since then. I can't find the quote as on mobile but it was to the effect that he's got no place at the club anymore because his attitude is wrong. He's been training with the kids ever since.

• Like 1

inference is that he and Gabby didn't train well/show the right attitude, but then for Gabby it seemed to changed to 'Gabby has an injury' as the reason he wasn't played, so i reckon Gabby did what Garde asked whereas Zog doesn't care anymore and after years of being bombed out and the scape goat it's hardly any wonder.

and yeah i do think he is a tool, but he's been handled in a retarded way throughout his time at the club

Â