Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I'll say one thing about him - compared to Gil,Grealish, Sinclair and a few others in our team - he can actually look after himself physically on the pitch. Our squad is packed full of weak players who are too often just pushed off the ball like they are schoolkids. The bit today where the Man City defender just bounced off him before he put that cross into the box was great stuff.

If he can do a job, and it helps us stay up, then I welcome him back with open arms. He played a role for Lambert in our survival....and then with Sherwood in our survival....

I think this is a very good point actually. 

One that was  made during commentary.

I think he has talent ..but and the big BUT is he is someone who has to be well managed so far only Bobby Robson and Martinez have managed to do that. 

Interesting from the Graunido: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/09/charles-nzogbia-aston-villa-remi-garde?

It is a strange turn of events for N’Zogbia, who would have been all but resigned to the fact that he would never play for Villa again. The board had certainly come to that conclusion and over several weeks has been trying to reach an agreement with N’Zogbia and his representatives over the final eight months of the five-year deal that was signed in 2011 and costs Villa about £65,000 a week.

• Like 1

Unflushable.  Same happened for Sherwood ,  Nzogbia did some stuf for a few games but was ultimately shite.  Seems to be the same for Garde,  hope he doesnt fall for it.  Lets get shot and free up wages space for a consistent contributor who can help us

It's so long since I'd seen him that when I did see him on the sidelines at the weekend ready to come on it was only by means of elimination that I knew who it was.  I was thinking "that ... that can't ... it can't be, that has to be Zog!".  The fact I hadn't seen the list of subs didn't help me.

• 2 weeks later...

with all due respect to zog, he will be 30 in the summer when his contract is up, hes one of the highest paid players and the most under performed, if the board give him a new contract they will be mad.

we made need him now to perform, but he needs himself to perform more so to put himself in the shop window if he is to find a new club, no club is going to pay a 30 year old what villa are.

Â