Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

It's his complete lack of self-respect that gets me. If it came out publicly that I had that sort of attitude at work and showed that sort of application, I'd be absolutely mortified. Let alone bragging myself about it on social media. 

And if I earned that sort of money I'd just be embarrassed at my effort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jon_c said:

It's his complete lack of self-respect that gets me. If it came out publicly that I had that sort of attitude at work and showed that sort of application, I'd be absolutely mortified. Let alone bragging myself about it on social media. 

Unfortunately there are people like that out there,they are called parasites.

4 hours ago, jon_c said:

Spot on. You're conscientious. You give a shit about your performance and professional reputation. 

Part of me thinks that the club created this monster by overlooking him. But you know, he's always been an arse. I don't know how he sleeps at night: I suppose that sack of money acts as a nice pillow. 

To repeat something I said earlier in this thread: I hope he goes bankrupt. 

26 minutes ago, jon_c said:

What grounds do you need to just sack a player?

I mean they have to turn up and stay at training at least, not to be in a breach of contact?

I am sure he does turn up, and put in the least amount of effort to ensure he is fulfilling his contract.

Short of criminal offence, it is almost impossible, without serious repercussions.

47 minutes ago, jon_c said:

What grounds do you need to just sack a player?

I mean they have to turn up and stay at training at least, not to be in a breach of contact?

He has been training with the under 21s but is apparently one of the last to arrive and first to leave. He will be doing his contractual obligations though.

I will get slated for saying this but there was a time when we could have got some mileage out of Nzogbia, if we had actually ever given him more than 3 consecutive starts in the team.

To be fair, he had plenty of runs like that in his first 3 seasons but in his 3rd season in particular he started getting subbed off, not so much for lack of effort in my view as lack of impact. What's the point of having a player on the pitch if he's not influencing the game and working with his teammates?

He seemed to develop bad attitude problems in that 3rd season that he has never shaken off.

37 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

To be fair, he had plenty of runs like that in his first 3 seasons but in his 3rd season in particular he started getting subbed off, not so much for lack of effort in my view as lack of impact. What's the point of having a player on the pitch if he's not influencing the game and working with his teammates?

He seemed to develop bad attitude problems in that 3rd season that he has never shaken off.

He was rubbish from the start. I saw him put in the most inept performance i have ever witnessed from a professional footballer. Tottenham at home in his first season. He was playing for the manager that signed him, he'd been given a run in the team, but that day he was absolutely awful. Yes it was an awful team performance, but he visibly was not trying. I argue that it does not matter if you're playing for a shit manager in a shit team, if you're a good player you can still.put in a decent performance.

Maybe if they make him train with the under 12s it might prick his concience.

To be honest i don't think he would give a crap if he was told to make the tea or be the boot boy, he is picking up £630000 A WEEK! It would take me 3 years to pick his weekly wage up! In effect he is stealing a living!

he has no interest in his career or he would have transferred, he is just one mistake in a whole catalogue of mistakes that have ended in our demise. Contracts should be written to protects clubs from players like this

This is the problem with footballers wages IMO - N'Zogbia has no incentive to play or better himself.

He's made for life, a millionaire several times over and to all intents and purposes sticking to the terms of his contract by turning up to training every day or so. There's nothing the club can do about it.

Why should he want to leave the club that paid over the odds for him both in transfer fee and weekly wage.

No other sucker is going to do that.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Maybe if they make him train with the under 12s it might prick his concience.

We're way past the 'conscience' point now. N'Zogbia could work incredibly hard training with the U-21's and he still wouldn't get picked, so I'm not surprised he's not bothering to work hard at all. The time for trying was at the start of this season, and again when Garde was first appointed. Seemingly he missed both windows. 

He deserves to get more game time purely for this. Hahahahaha. Top bloke!

"Kirsten, 24, a Villa Park season ticket holder, sent an angry tweet to N’Zogbia after being annoyed by a story about him. The French winger, who has been banished to train with the under-21s after falling out of favour, responded with the offer of a free meal."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-charles-nzogbia-10810694

• Like 1

8 hours ago, calcifer said:

To be honest i don't think he would give a crap if he was told to make the tea or be the boot boy, he is picking up £630000 A WEEK! It would take me 3 years to pick his weekly wage up! In effect he is stealing a living!

Somehow I doubt that..

Â