Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Let's have it right : his displays going on ratio have been absolute abysmal .One okay game in a hundred don't mean  " Tom tit " to me ,

I dont get it. ALL our players have been abysmal, why do Charles get so much more stick than other players? Is there a vendetta going on here?

Charles played well, he is also one of the few players that if we can get him fit, whether you like it or not, can be a game changer. Start backing our players ffs, this is not the time for booing them and make them lose self confidence.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

He wouldn't get anywhere near my first 11, but if the Manager likes him I hope he can show a bit of form right up until the 1st June when he finally leaves. 

Let's have it right : his displays going on ratio have been absolute abysmal .One okay game in a hundred don't mean  " Tom tit " to me ,

I dont get it. ALL our players have been abysmal, why do Charles get so much more stick than other players? Is there a vendetta going on here?

Charles played well, he is also one of the few players that if we can get him fit, whether you like it or not, can be a game changer. Start backing our players ffs, this is not the time for booing them and make them lose self confidence.

Okay I take it al  back , the man is world class .

Decent spell. Hope he can play a part like he did last season.

I hope he plays nothing like the part he played last season. This season I hope he actually plays well.

Looked different today in the sense that he was searching for the quick pass instead of running into a brick wall. Maybe watching Sinclair has finally taught him what not to do.

He did have a short good stint where he was quite useful. It was at the most important time for us, when Sherwood turned us around.

Looked the most likely to do something in attack. Certainly more positive than negative about him today.

Unfortunately, zero defensive cover.

If he can play a decent role for the rest of the season, that would be fantastic.  However, I wouldn't want him extending his contract here.

Interesting that the manager felt compelled to ask if there is something wrong with his attitude and that he received, presumably, a positive response.

I have always bent towards being pro N'Zogbia. I think there's a good player in there and I found it quite surprising that he managed to stay fairly consistently average under Sherwood last season, he's never struck me as either consistent or "average". He gave a couple of sterling showings too, the 4-0 up at Sunderland being a particular highlight. He didn't seem to get much love for it I am aware, but I'm not overly surprised to see him bought back in.

I wouldn't extend his contract either. Certainly not after one game back! I doubt anyone thinks we should do that. But while he's here we should utilise him, IMO.

I'm all for utilising him.

I just worry that he'll put in a few good performances now that his contract is nearly up, we'll offer him a deal and he'll go back to the normal N'Zogbia.

BUt by all means harness those good performances, if they come, while he's here.

• Like 1

I'll say one thing about him - compared to Gil,Grealish, Sinclair and a few others in our team - he can actually look after himself physically on the pitch. Our squad is packed full of weak players who are too often just pushed off the ball like they are schoolkids. The bit today where the Man City defender just bounced off him before he put that cross into the box was great stuff.

If he can do a job, and it helps us stay up, then I welcome him back with open arms. He played a role for Lambert in our survival....and then with Sherwood in our survival....

Edited by GeordieVillan

I'll say one thing about him - compared to Gil,Grealish, Sinclair and a few others in our team - he can actually look after himself physically on the pitch. Our squad is packed full of weak players who are too often just pushed off the ball like they are schoolkids. The bit today where the Man City defender just bounced off him before he put that cross into the box was great stuff.

If he can do a job, and it helps us stay up, then I welcome him back with open arms. He played a role for Lambert in our survival....and then with Sherwood in our survival....

I think this is a very good point actually. 

I have a feeling he will start against Everton because Sinclair was pretty poor. 

Harsh on Sinclair considering the quality of opponent. I think he deserves a chance against Everton. You want consistency in your line-ups. Benching a player just because they have a bad or mediocre game does nothing. 

Â