Rino8

I'd love to know what's been going on in that dressing room, because some of the big names are looking like they're really unhappy just goes to show how good they are to still be comfortably top 3 with Salah off the boil and arguing with the boss, and VVD being dogshit but blaming everyone but himself, and the quite public displays of unhappiness.

Where's my popcorn?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Now that they all know Klopp is leaving they don't have to stand for his behaviour. The title is gone so they are turning on him. 

I think there's a lot more than that. Something over there ain't right. But also, I hate Klopp, he's a word removed, so I'm very happy how this season is ending for him. 

Salah isn't the first player and he won't be the last to struggle to come to terms with the effect that time has on athletes - he's still a very good player, but he's not the force he once was and he's taking that frustration out on a manager that's using him based on where he is now, not his reputation.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Salah isn't the first player and he won't be the last to struggle to come to terms with the effect that time has on athletes - he's still a very good player, but he's not the force he once was and he's taking that frustration out on a manager that's using him based on where he is now, not his reputation.

It’s weird the narrative that I’ve seen in the media, even on Motd that Klopp has somehow treated him badly by dropping him. I don’t particularly like Klopp but he has every right to make what he feels is the best team selection. As far as I’m aware he’s not bad mouthed him publically.

• Like 1

His legs are going or are slightly gone but he still had 17 goals this season. Dropping the lot of them when they're still in a title run in (lol) is some Tim Sherwood levels of petulant shit. Especially when Klopp is gone in a couple of games.

On 27/04/2024 at 15:44, theboyangel said:

Slot shaming already eh? 😬

If he gets them playing though they'll be a Slot machine. 

• Like 1

They now have nothing to play for literally for the rest of the season. They admit it's a 2 horse race and they locked UCL with Spurs' loss.

Tools down boys, no need to bring anything on you business trip to Aston week after next. Who wants to work late on a MONDAY, anyway, eh?

• Haha 1

There's a link on the beeb about Liverpool allegedly preparing for bids of £150m for Mo Salah, according to the always hilarious Football Insider. 

That got me to thinking - if Salah wants out this summer, when he'll be 32 and perhaps starting to fade, how much do you think a Saudi team would have to pay for him?

I'd think Liverpool would be quite happy to have his £400k a week off the wage bill at this point - £150m would be an absolute fever dream.

I reckon they'd let him go for £30-40m

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a link on the beeb about Liverpool allegedly preparing for bids of £150m for Mo Salah, according to the always hilarious Football Insider. 

That got me to thinking - if Salah wants out this summer, when he'll be 32 and perhaps starting to fade, how much do you think a Saudi team would have to pay for him?

I'd think Liverpool would be quite happy to have his £400k a week off the wage bill at this point - £150m would be an absolute fever dream.

£30-£40m for a European team, £50m+ for a Saudi one. Gotta charge them a mark-up, how will they enjoy it unless they've overpaid?

• Like 1

I think the Saudis still pay £100m for Salah. Legs are going but still scored goals this yr and is one of the biggest Muslim names in the game 

Edited by mikeyp102

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It will be more than that even if his skills are waning. It would be massive signing for them in terms of marketing and branding. I reckon it would be nearer 60-70 mil.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wouldn't surprise we if a Suadi clud offered £150m. He's the best Muslim player of the last 5 years and money is not a issue. Paying a big fee is a way to show they are relevant and to show power.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sne said:

Wouldn't surprise we if a Suadi clud offered £150m. He's the best Muslim player of the last 5 years and money is not a issue. Paying a big fee is a way to show they are relevant and to show power.

They'd be signing him to make a splash. Getting him cheap doesn't help with that but paying silly money does. He'll go for £100m+ and could be £150m.

It's the same reason they pay Gerrard a fortune and he's the 4th best paid coach in the world. Its not for his coaching skills.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

they pay Gerrard a fortune and he's the 4th best paid coach in the world

Imagine knowing that everyone on a random forum is better at a job than the 4th best paid person currently doing it

I can't think of a comparable example outside of Kardashians and world leaders.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Me too, I wonder if this is Salah putting in the ground work to force through a move in the summer. An unhappy player always goes for less (and usually gets their way).

Â