Rino8

They should beat Arsenal. What Klopp has now done has sorted out their once dodgy defence. They are so much more consistent this season even though they haven't reached the level of last season. Spurs have a great first team but don't have the strength in depth of Liverpool or Man City which is why I don't think they will win the league

Edited by PaulC

Really sad state of affairs when I’m actually rooting for City to get their shit together and catch the scousers. I would say Spurs, which is be my ideal preference, but I just can’t see it. 

All the Liverpool fans that appear out of the woodwork near me....them winning it doesn’t bear thinking about.

• Thanks 1

The thing is from what I remember Liverpool had a run of a few games where they scored late goals to keep them in touch of City, but City haven't done the same in their dodgy period.  Tbh my hatred of Liverpool has softened these past two seasons, and as long as Utd don't win I'm relatively un-arsed about who wins.  

They have got a rediculous end to the season, final 4 games are Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle & Wolves.

Someone needs to catch & overtake them by the end of March & hopefully a Solskjaer led united can dump them out of the Champions league, preferably with an injury time winner in the final.

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Pundits all over TV banging on about how klopp is like shankley, the boot room club, Istanbul, you'll never walk alone, it'll go on for **** months if they win the league.

Anyone but them.

Exactly, everyone knows what Petro dollars City are, even their own fans. The media wankfest that would follow a Liverpool title win would be of such epic proportions.

• Like 1

The wankfest has already began, some premier league media outlets saying Van Dyke is best defender ever. It’ll soon be Klopp is best manager ever as they have beaten city whereas fergie had no competition. Can’t bare it if they win the league. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The wankfest has already began, some premier league media outlets saying Van Dyke is best defender ever. It’ll soon be Klopp is best manager ever as they have beaten city whereas fergie had no competition. Can’t bare it if they win the league. 

This.

I heard someone mention this on TV the other night.. Virgil Van Dyke best centre back in the world!!??...     Have a word with yourself!

Admirable for any team to win the league, but don't let it be this shower. Most of their fans already getting a hard on because they are top at Christmas and already digging out their silly little stats etc.

Arseholes.

• Like 1

You wait, they will be praising their virtues as a noble football club compared to the money bags City next.... without a hint of **** irony.

It still sickens me the way certain people jumped on the Chelsea fan/Sterling situation yet who defended the actions of Liverpool fans when the player moved to City. And don’t even get me started on the hypocrisy of the same people not saying a word about the t-shirts defending Suarez.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Last week Somebody said he was the 3rd best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo

Guy is decent but he probably isnt even in top 5 defenders in the world 

• Like 1

Horrendous story from Riise about Bellamy on Liverpool trip to Barcelona in 2005...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/28/craig-bellamy-raised-the-club-and-swung-he-could-have-ended-my-career-john-arne-riise-liverpool

I woke in the dark to hear someone opening the door. Obviously I thought it was Agger. I turned, but my eyes were half-asleep, and I didn’t see anything in the sudden, bright glare. But something made me realise that it wasn’t Agger. And soon I could see him – Craig Bellamy at the foot of my bed with a golf club in his hands.

Steve Finnan, who shared a room with Bellamy, was there too, but he just stood there. Bellamy raised the club over his head and swung as hard as he could. He tried to hit my shins, which would have ended my career, but I managed to pull my leg away in time.

I jumped out of bed, pulled off the sheet and held it between us like I was some kind of half-awake matador. Bellamy sputtered: “Nobody disrespects me like that in front of the lads!” He was completely gone.

“I don’t care if I go to jail! My kids have enough money for school and everything. I don’t care. I’ll f**king do you!” He raised the club and swung again. This time he connected. Full force on my hip. I was so pumped with adrenaline that I didn’t feel the pain, but he hit me hard. It was an iron.

2 hours ago, MrDuck said:

What a horrible little shit Bellamy was. Riise should’ve pressed charges against him. 

Also shows what Gerard was like as a person. He got everyone drunk, then the following morning he should’ve spoken up about the incident to stop all the laughing. Then he says he wouldn’t have held back... yep great captain Gerard (let’s not forget the DJ incident). Another tone the scousers wouldn’t say a bad word against 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What a horrible little shit Bellamy was. Riise should’ve pressed charges against him. 

Also shows what Gerard was like as a person. He got everyone drunk, then the following morning he should’ve spoken up about the incident to stop all the laughing. Then he says he wouldn’t have held back... yep great captain Gerard (let’s not forget the DJ incident). Another tone the scousers wouldn’t say a bad word against 

And both still have high profile jobs in football. Shocking actually

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bellamy was an absolute prick though.

Some players do try and turn corners (Gerrard) whilst others just continue to be absolute clearings in the woods.

Look at our own JT at one point earlier in his playing career!..  Like I say, some grow up, Some never change.

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bellamy was an absolute prick though.

Some players do try and turn corners (Gerrard) whilst others just continue to be absolute clearings in the woods.

Look at our own JT at one point earlier in his playing career!..  Like I say, some grow up, Some never change.

I agree some change, I’m not sure Gerard ever did. He always cam across as overly arrogant to the point where he felt he could do what he wanted. Very good footballer yes, but as a person I don’t think so

Â