Rino8

5 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

had a look through RAWK today, and it was quite amusing. 

This is the first post I came to :

Dumb question - why do south americans dream of playing for Barca?. I really dont understand the fascination. Its really flipping annoying if he is indeed asking to leave after making all the right noises he was happy to stay. Anyone think his family may very well have something to do with it?.

On a side note - IF we let him go (a huge IF considering the season is about to start)  -- who would be a like for like replacement considering he is out most creative player and we do not (yet) have a like for like coming through (although Woodburn has promise)?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336036.3640

I have no idea why anyone would want to play for Barcelona instead of Liverpool..

• Like 1

A couple of the more entertaining ones.

In a couple of years time the Premiership will once again be the top league in Europe. The finance coming in to the league is too much for this not to happen.
LFC under Klopp will be near the top as we were under Rafa. We will be able to compete on a level footing with Barca and challenge them for the top players. That day is coming.

Love the statement issued today and have no doubt that any transfer request will be rejected out of hand. 
Let the player be unhappy and refuse to play. Time to let Barcelona and all others know we are back. The giant has awoken and he's pissed off that the Catalonians believe they are better than us.
Clearly his head been turned. Excellent tapping up, we could learn from them as a matter of fact I really do hope club learned some moves. You can only learn from the best ;D

The worst of it is that a transfer request implies that he doesn't believe in the project and what Klopp is building. That's what make me the most upset. Work with a world class manager and build a dynasty, or just go somewhere because they've got Lionel **** Messi and his old mate Luis, and still play second fiddle to the colossus that is Real Madrid.

:crylaugh:

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He's good but no replacement for Neymar. Not going to have the same effect on Liverpool as the last time they sold a player to Barcelona. 

Would he not be looked more as Iniesta's heir than replacing Neymar?  I avoid watching Liverpool like the plague but thought Coutinho wasn't really a front 3 player.  I should think Barca will sign a forward as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Coutinho literally signed a new 5 year deal this past January. Liverpool shouldn't sell. Coutinho is only 25. When fit, Coutinho is as good as Hazard. 

Just goes to show contracts mean nothing anymore. 

Van Dijk signed a 6 year deal at Soton last year and is now playing the word removed. Dembele at Dortmund is acting like a spoilt child. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He lacks consistency, on his day one of best in league but prone to disappearing for weeks

I think he stepped up a level last year. Was excellent up to November, got injured and missed the xmas/new year period and Liverpool's title challenge fizzled out there and then.

It's a risk from Barca though, he's only played a season with Liverpool in the european cup so very unproved at that level. It would've made more sense for Barca to sign him when Neymar was still there as those two have combined brilliantly for Brazil last year.

I did chuckle at the bloke saying who do all South Americans dream of Spain...culture, language, climate, long list of South Americans playing for Barca or Madrid, a really stupid comment.

What pisses me off is the pundits they all have a massive circle jerk over Liverpool of epic proportions the amount of bias is rediculous.

If Liverpool go after a player in their eyes the selling club cannot in any way resist because it's Liverpool and they are such a massive club.

Yet when Barcelona come in for one of Liverpool's players god forbid NO this cannot happen, Liverpool are being hard done by.... how dare they....

They have been taking players off smaller clubs for years with shady dealings behind the scenes look what happened with Van Dijk it's about time the reverse happened for a change they simply have to deal with it.

Coutinho is going, good luck finding a replacement in just a few weeks and getting into Europe this season rocket polishers.

Edited by AshVilla

over the years though Liverpool have been a good supply source for us. Gidman possibly our greatest ever right back, Ian Ross helped us back from div 3 to the top flight, Dean Saunders, Ray Houghton and Steve Staunton. The one not so good was Stan

12 hours ago, AshVilla said:

What pisses me off is the pundits they all have a massive circle jerk over Liverpool of epic proportions the amount of bias is rediculous.

If Liverpool go after a player in their eyes the selling club cannot in any way resist because it's Liverpool and they are such a massive club.

Yet when Barcelona come in for one of Liverpool's players god forbid NO this cannot happen, Liverpool are being hard done by.... how dare they....

They have been taking players off smaller clubs for years with shady dealings behind the scenes look what happened with Van Dijk it's about time the reverse happened for a change they simply have to deal with it.

Coutinho is going, good luck finding a replacement in just a few weeks and getting into Europe this season rocket polishers.

I thought it was quite staggering how Redknapp and Carragher in the post match were having an open debate about what VVD could do at the club, where he would fit in and whether he would be able to stop the kind of goals they are conceding.

What?!  He isn't even there **** player, they haven't even had a bid accepted!

I don't ever see the day when Liverpool dominate again. For a club of that size it's shameful that they have not won the league for 27 years.  I predict Everton will finish above Liverpool this season, especially with their talisman wanting out. 

Â