Rino8

or because they play in a shit league. West Ham didnt bother attacking them 2 weeks ago yet Ayew should have had 2 goals. His shit finishing is not an indicator of Mignolet talent.

Mignolet is awful, in bottom 10 in Premier League though not at Guzan level he isnt much better than Boruc or Ben Foster for example

If they had a more capable keeper they would've finished higher up quite easily or at least created a much bigger gap between them and Arsenal. Karius wasn't saving anything earlier this season, everything on target was a goal. Mignolet has at least one/two big blunders a game but is capable of making good saves. Neither would fill me with great confidence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hilarious cock up by Liverpool over the van Dijk transfer :lol: 

Did they have to drop interest to avoid getting sanctions for tapping up? Or was it all club generated rumours to sell season tickets that backfired massively?

Either way, they're the gift that keeps giving. 

• Like 1

Liverpool have LOTS of previous for this, Barry and Robbie Keane being the two most obvious examples. In fact if I recall correctly they were punished over Keane and may well have been looking at a harsher punishment from the FA this time around.

Reality is though all clubs are doing it, I know we've done it I think the only differences are just how brazen you are about it and getting caught. Few clubs though take the action of Spurs and Southampton though as they are actually far more willing to sell than they may protest.

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did they have to drop interest to avoid getting sanctions for tapping up?

Well in a word, yes.

Van Dijk has been of significant interest to Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea, and was understood to have favoured a move to Anfield after being impressed with Klopp's personal involvement in their efforts to sign him.

RupertSaysVoteTorySports.com

That's called tapping up Jurgen, and it's not allowed.

In the same situation I'd expect other 'big clubs' to try and sweeten the deal to get the charges dropped. Maybe a player or 2 on loan or for example.

Liverpool bottling it and dropping their pursuit of a player they seemingly desperately wanted makes them look very small time.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Liverpool have LOTS of previous for this, Barry and Robbie Keane being the two most obvious examples. In fact if I recall correctly they were punished over Keane and may well have been looking at a harsher punishment from the FA this time around.

They have an underage ban from FA at moment for doing similar to sign a kid at Stoke. I bet when Southampton reported them they were shitting them might get a full transfer ban

Liverpool give away stupid goals from corner kicks all the time.

Look back to Bournemouth 4-3 LIverpool when Karius was in and also LIverpool 1-2 Palace from a few weeks back when benteke tapped in from 6 yards. These sort of results are why LIverpool never win league titles as they just give away so many cheap and preventable goals.

Mingolet is a big problem. The 2-2 draw with Bournemouth he wasn't at fault for either goal but first few minutes there was a backpass to him and instead of just kicking it he tried to dribble round the striker, nearly lost the ball and eventually sliced it for a throw in. That sort of erratic keeping spreads panic to the defence. That's no way anyone will convince me he's the best they can get, even a keeper like Begovic would've been a steadier option for them.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They have an underage ban from FA at moment for doing similar to sign a kid at Stoke. I bet when Southampton reported them they were shitting them might get a full transfer ban

TBH, the FA should investigate anyway. The crime has been done, just because the transfer didn't complete shouldn't make any difference. The should get a transfer ban for a window or 2.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Genie said:

TBH, the FA should investigate anyway. The crime has been done, just because the transfer didn't complete shouldn't make any difference. The should get a transfer ban for a window or 2.

or 12.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You've finally made it big Liverpool!

MODERN FOOTBALL IS RUBBISH: AFTER 125 YEARS OF OVERSIGHT, LIVERPOOL FINALLY HAVE AN OFFICIAL ‘REGIONAL CHINESE BOTTLED WATER PARTNER’

Chris Wright

24th, July 2017

Liverpool Football Club was founded in 1892, meaning that for over 125 years they’ve somehow been operating without an official regional water partner in China.

Thankfully, that flagrant oversight has now been addressed, with the Reds proudly announcing that Tibet Water Resources Limited have agreed to step into the void and become the club’s official Chinese bottled water suppliers

John Barnes, with a smile you can almost hear being forced from here.

According to a statement issued on the Liverpool website, the partnership will see the club and Tibet Water collaborate to “create unique experiences for Reds fans and consumers alike” via the exciting medium of mineral water.

What a time to be alive.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/liverpool/259497/after-125-years-of-oversight-liverpool-finally-have-an-official-regional-chinese-bottled-water-partner.html

It's getting to the point now that clubs whore them out to so many different companies, is it really worth paying sponsorship money to be a drop in an ocean of a billion other companies?

Then again, I know nothing about marketing, so it probably is beneficial.

So Naby Keita trys to Snap a team mate in half and Van Dijk is on strike. I guess the youth ban hasn't had the desired effect. 

in fairness to Keita the guy he tackled made a bad tackle on him a few minutes previously so I dont think was a ploy to make a transfer. just a petty revenge tackle

have seen a video of them together after it

Â