Rino8

I can't stand Liverplop and especially their fans.

But you have to give them props for their almost @thetrees like snooping around the potential Van Dijk transfer saga today.

Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool. It has been a recurring topic of conversation throughout this transfer window, and looks like being so all the way up to the deadline.

It was back in early June that the Reds were forced to issue a grovelling apology to Van Dijk's club Southampton for what was perceived as an illegal approach for the player, but the rumours have never quite gone away.

There has always been a belief that the deal would get done eventually, despite Southampton not wanting to lose a sixth player to Liverpool in three years.The Dutchman is seen as the answer to Liverpool's defensive problems, and Reds fans have been craving his signing all summer.

And on Tuesday afternoon, those same fans got very excited.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

So the private jet from Bournemouth has just landed at Liverpool Airport and looks like one of the club cars just picked someone up 

Fan Dean Coombes suggested that a private jet arrived at Liverpool John Lennon Airport from Bournemouth, with what was believed to be a Liverpool club car on hand to pick the passenger or passengers up. Fans then rushed to a flight-tracking site to back this up.

The jet was reported to be a Cessna 525B CitationJet CJ3, which appears to be the same aircraft that Van Dijk posted this cryptic tweet from when his move to Liverpool broke down in June.

MAIN-Virgil-van-Dijk-on-a-private-Jet.jp

To add further fuel to the fire, it was then claimed that he was picked up by the same type of car that ferried Jurgen Klopp, Mohamed Salah and Andrew Robertson from the airport when they flew in to sign their Liverpool deals.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
Same van that Virgil van Dijk is reportedly in was the same one Salah and Klopp was in.

View image on Twitter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/virgil-van-dijk-liverpool-plane-11075668

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It's so funny that Liverpool are doing to Barcelona what Southampton are doing to them :lol: 

It is but somehow I think both deals will get done by the end of the transfer window. With Mane, Firminho and Salah where does Coutinho fit in now and they wat to sign that Monaco player. Mind you Coutinho is away with Brazil now and no doubt Neymar will try and persuade him not to join Barcelona

Edited by PaulC

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sounds like a lot of Liverpool fans need get a hobby

I was about to post a similar comment...

but then I remember the jizzfest on here when theTrees used to track Lerner's plane. :lol:

Or people ringing up that hotel to ask if Defoe was staying. :crylaugh:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Talk on TalkSport this morning (I know) that €160m fee agreed with Barcelona for Coutinho.

As time goes on £190m that PSG paid for Neymar is looking more and more like a bargain.

Would you rather five Danny Drinkwater's or one Neymar?

(I know football doesn't work like that, but as a comparison it amused me).

((I need to get out more)).

(((Like those Liverpool fans))).

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I guess with Liverpool being in the champions league they need more strength in depth. He wont be  starter to begin with.  But maybe Klopp can do more with him than Wenger did. 

he can? Klopp is not a miracle worker and cant remember him making any average player better than what they are

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I guess with Liverpool being in the champions league they need more strength in depth. He wont be  starter to begin with.  But maybe Klopp can do more with him than Wenger did. 

£40m for squad padding who hasn't made it regularly into a top 4 side despite seven seasons of trying?

*shakes head*

• Like 1

On 29/08/2017 at 20:11, Zatman said:

Sounds like a lot of Liverpool fans need get a hobby

That is the kind of inside info/investigation footy fans on forums exist for tbh. Can't knock them for that one. 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

he can? Klopp is not a miracle worker and cant remember him making any average player better than what they are

What Klopp does do more than wenger is get the players to be more motivated and work a lot harder. Too comfortable at Arsenal 

Edited by PaulC

Â