Rino8

cant comment too much as i only watched game on tv. But did their fans even make a sound? all i heard was villa songs for about 95% of the match. Anyone at ground confirm or deny? Would love to see this thread filled with rawk posts...im just too lazy to get them myself lol

I was in their end (not in their fans, in Club) and they were shite.

I know I'm biased, and I know the team weren't great so they didn't have much to cheer, but they were really really shit.

After 10 minutes I turned to my mates and said "Have you heard them do a single chant since the game started?" to which all three of us agreed they hadn't. So we took note of the first chant, and it was in the 25th minute of the game. And it was as tiny "Liveerrrrrrpool" chant, that was quickly drowned out by our fans.

They were loud for about 5 minutes after they scored, but that was it.

Honestly, I know we all give them stick on here and we probably exaggerate a bit, so I sort of expected them to not be as bad as they seem, but they were really poor.

I've been to 0-0 Coventry games at the Ricoh that are noisier.

Our fans absolutely put them to shame. It was actually embarrassing,

Did Rodgers do that irritating arm in the air celebration at Swansea or is it a recent affectation?

I have no idea but he seriously needs to stop it. He's a complete word removed, does he not realize he is doing the heil Hitler salute?

• Like 1

To be fair on rodgers, it has been a lot tougher on him this season. Sturridge out practically the whole season is a massive blow. Gerrard has been pretty bad throughout the whole year. Sterling is not producing like he did last season, and Balotelli has been a massive flop. I thought the front three of Sturridge-Balotelli-Sterling would get them champions league, but hardly any of them have been fit. Their squad at the moment is not good enough for top 4. They need another quality midfielder and strong defenseman. 

• Like 1

To be fair against Rodgers, instead of using the Suarez cash to look for a like-for-like replacement he took the Spurs/Bale route and spuffed it all on a load of mediocre cak - Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli etc.

He should've pushed Arsenal all the way for Sanchez.

• Like 2

To be fair on rodgers, it has been a lot tougher on him this season. Sturridge out practically the whole season is a massive blow. Gerrard has been pretty bad throughout the whole year. Sterling is not producing like he did last season, and Balotelli has been a massive flop. I thought the front three of Sturridge-Balotelli-Sterling would get them champions league, but hardly any of them have been fit. Their squad at the moment is not good enough for top 4. They need another quality midfielder and strong defenseman. 

To be even Fairer

I really dont give a F**K

• Like 3

To be fair against Rodgers, instead of using the Suarez cash to look for a like-for-like replacement he took the Spurs/Bale route and spuffed it all on a load of mediocre cak - Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli etc.

He should've pushed Arsenal all the way for Sanchez.

I'm still not sure what the transfer policy is for Liverpool, they had a director of football (that Damien Comolli fella) who bought the players in Rodgers first season. He left that summer and the club announced that all transfers would be subject to committee from that point forwards.  I'm sure Rodgers has a say but I don't think it's just a case of him naming a player he wants and the club going out and buying that player.   I'm pretty sure the club would have been pushing for a deeper squad following their qualification for the big cup, it was the first time in five years that they had to play Champions League football and I'm not sure they had the depth to do it so needing four or five in was probably the order of the day.  

Sturridge being injured (and his reported reluctance to play even if he is carrying a knock) has derailed Liverpool's season massively.  I'm sure when Suarez left Sturridge made his case to be the main main in meetings with the training staff and I can see why they would have put their faith in the guy because he's been fantastic since day one at Anfield but he's played about fifteen games for them in all competitions this season and has probably only been match fit in half a dozen or so.  Thats probably taken 20 goals out of the team they had budgeted for.  I think it's a separate issue from who they signed because looking back at the end of the season and wondering why they didn't sign one star player to cover the unexpected injury of their prolific goalscorer reeks of hindsight being misused.  What if Sturridge hadn't got injured and a new star striker was standing on his toes?  Liverpool have a similar season to this one and Rodgers gets slaughtered for putting all his eggs in one basket.    It's an almost impossible problem for him to solve I guess. 

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if he does leave this summer.  Klopp is available and I think he might fancy the Liverpool gig. Rafa Benitez is probably going to be back in England too. 

Fair play to Rodgers after the game. Very dignified in defeat and admitted the better team won. No complaints there.

His own horrific substitution bringing on Ballotelli didn't help either. Villa dominated the second half and Liverpool's midfield were hopeless. Gerrard was a passenger. Rodgers always tries to be positive but he could only praise Villa because Liverpool were thoroughly outplayed.

Â