Rino8

Ferdinand was never close to world class. Scholes was definitely and Terry was close. Gerrard should have gone to Chelsea.

Yeah, Ferdinand was considerably inferior to Vidić, who was the one that made that partnership work I always thought. I remember that season when Ferdinand was injuried for a lot of it and Smalling played regularly and there was no problem. Whereas when Vidić became injury plagued, it really did become calamitous at times.

Regarding the debate over where the line is drawn regarding world-class classification, it is subjective. But to use Ashley Cole as an example, it is widely accepted that he was one of the best - if not the best left-back in Europe - at one point, so I think he can be easily classed as such. Same with Terry.

Edited by Isa

Paul Scholes was world class nearly every time he stepped onto the pitch

Gerrard was world class every now and again.

Paul Scholes just had the run of the ball cause most players were to scared to go near him in case he broke there legs with his awful tackling. 

Gerrard should have gone to Chelsea.

i dont think he was ever that close

he can get the "mr liverpool" badge out, he can claim that it was a heart to heart with his dad, the threats to his family, there were also threats to the management at liverpool and he walked away with a huge pay day and told everyone how loyal he was

we've seen it since with rooney / terry and man city, dont believe a word of it, the player and the agent come away filthy rich and looking like the sun shines out of his ass, i think he used the whole thing to make himself one of the best paid players in world football

Na not having it. We haven't produced a truly world class play from here for decades.

Depends how you define world class. The last world class player for me was Gazza!

Don't even get me started on that suggestion.

Paul Scholes just had the run of the ball cause most players were to scared to go near him in case he broke there legs with his awful tackling.
You crazy!

You crazy!

He was a good hard midfielder, bit out of date for todays football. He was no where near skillfull enough to be world class!! My Opinion

You crazy!

He was a good hard midfielder, bit out of date for todays football. He was no where near skillfull enough to be world class!! My Opinion

Scholes was very highly rated by many of the top players in world football like Zidane, Xavi and Henry, who all rate him as world class

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Paul_Scholes

• Like 1

Neil Ashton, reporter for the mail and presenter on the sunday supplement has started it off with a tweet that reading you'd assume Gerrard was dying

https://mobile.twitter.com/neilashton_/status/550806969100288002

Hopefully that Demba Ba song directed towards Gerrard will be replaced with some warmth and appreciation in his final 5 months.

12:13am - 2 Jan 15

• Like 1

Neil Ashton, reporter for the mail and presenter on the sunday supplement has started it off with a tweet that reading you'd assume Gerrard was dying https://mobile.twitter.com/neilashton_/status/550806969100288002

Hopefully that Demba Ba song directed towards Gerrard will be replaced with some warmth and appreciation in his final 5 months.

12:13am - 2 Jan 15

Hahaha there's no f in chance.

Just seen a Sky Sports advert with clips of Gerrard to the **** Superman music.

I am not joking when I say they are getting a call tomorrow to cancel my broadband & talk package.

Edited by DK82
  • Like 1

Â