Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar is good IMO. I don't see where the criticism comes from. 

Watch replays of the goals we concede.

He is often left exposed. Okore went missing for the Liverpoo goal the other day so Vlaar was left to try and make a last ditch interception. El Ahmadi and Lowton had a mix up for the first Chelski goal. Benteke lost his man for the second Chelski goal and Lowton was miles up the pitch when we conceded against Arsenal, so I dont place any blame on Vlaar.

We have conceded 4 goals in 3 games against 3 of the best teams in the league and Vlaar has played great. He also has had to switch to left side of center back to accomodate Okore since half time vs Chelski. 

• Like 1

He is often left exposed. Okore went missing for the Liverpoo goal the other day so Vlaar was left to try and make a last ditch interception.

Please watch the replay. This is inaccurate. While it's true that Okore was caught doing Lowton's left back job as Lowton was out of position it did not influence the goal which was caused by Vlaar breaking the defensive line putting an offside player onside and ignoring the goal threat in front of him. That is rookie defending.

If we had an experienced head somewhere else on the pitch (e.g. midfield) then I would be all for pairing Baker with Okore, however the fact of the matter is we have no real outfield leader except Vlaar so I think it would be a mistake to leave him out.

He's exceptionally average, i think were all under no illusions about that but i think he and okore are our best options right now its alright to constantly blame the rest of the team and his cb partner but in the end when the same things keep happening its not really valid anymore. I think lambert thought we were getting a very different defender.

He is often left exposed. Okore went missing for the Liverpoo goal the other day so Vlaar was left to try and make a last ditch interception.

Please watch the replay. This is inaccurate. While it's true that Okore was caught doing Lowton's left back job as Lowton was out of position it did not influence the goal which was caused by Vlaar breaking the defensive line putting an offside player onside and ignoring the goal threat in front of him. That is rookie defending.

Fair enough Vlaar is partly to blame but I suggest you watch the goal again and tell me how Vlaar is supposed to mark 3 men. The fact is we were left short at the back again which caused confusion and imo the midfield should be the ones tracking the players coming into the box as we were 3 vs 4 when the ball is played across to Sturridge.

still think Vlaar is improvement on Collins but he is not awesome and he is not awful, a very decent player.

We have conceded 4 goals all season considering it was 13 in these 3 games last season and hasnt helped playing with was his 3rd partner in a week 

Agree with Trent.  I think like Collins, Vlaar gets undeserved flak for his performances.  For where we are now, Vlaar is a good player.  In 2 years time I think Okore will replace him and Baker will be his partner.

• Like 2

Agree with Trent.  I think like Collins, Vlaar gets undeserved flak for his performances.  For where we are now, Vlaar is a good player.  In 2 years time I think Okore will replace him and Baker will be his partner.

Okore will surpass him in two months time.

He is still improving with each game and watching him chip one of their players was great. Remember he was out with injury for a long time last season and has been shifted back across the backline to fit Okore in. I think the partnership will continue to develop.

Â