Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Stop making exuses for this guy he is our weake link bigtime as he was last season !!!!.Should not be captain let alone  starting 11.It's a shame Okore is injuried.Lambert needs to wake up to himself and drop him.Problem is that now there is not much to replace him either.

Total and utter rubbish. Weakest link for christ sake. Nobody wants to highlight when he is good, he made some cracking interceptions during the game, and when the fullbacks make mistakes that lead to goals, it isn't his fault.

Disgusting how he is turned on by our fans. Stinks. I'm sick of it, someone makes a mistake and they are abused and wanted out the squad.

• Like 4

Stop making exuses for this guy he is our weake link bigtime as he was last season !!!!.Should not be captain let alone  starting 11.It's a shame Okore is injuried.Lambert needs to wake up to himself and drop him.Problem is that now there is not much to replace him either.

Absolutely spot on.  People keep making excuses for him having to "babysit" the likes of Clark and Baker, when I don't think he's as good as either of them.  Terrible player.

Absolutely spot on.  People keep making excuses for him having to "babysit" the likes of Clark and Baker, when I don't think he's as good as either of them.  Terrible player.

Rubbish. 

Rubbish. 

Rubbish.  Good game this.

I wouldn't go as far as Risso in my criticism of Vlaar, but he is definitely over rated by a large section of our support who seem to be desperate for him to be the next Mellberg or Laursen. 

I wouldn't go as far as Risso in my criticism of Vlaar, but he is definitely over rated by a large section of our support who seem to be desperate for him to be the next Mellberg or Laursen. 

i dont think he is as good as some people make out but he is also not as bad as some others are making out. the defence is better with him in the team. We conceded 6 goals so far and in corresponding games last season we conceded 14

I think some of the criticism is harsh, I think generally he was thrown into the deep end last season, its not about baby-sitting. It's about adjusting to the pace of the league, I think in the past two games he has been our best CB, but it is him as the experienced one to actually organise the shape of the side, which is his biggest failing as a player IMO. Him and Guzan should be the organisers of the back and for me on the pitch Ron is far too quiet.

i dont think he is as good as some people make out but he is also not as bad as some others are making out. the defence is better with him in the team. We conceded 6 goals so far and in corresponding games last season we conceded 14

I asked for a bit of research and BOF came back with the answers, in our 26 game spell, the highest combination of pairing of CB's has been Vlaar and Baker for 8 games. We actually need to have a settled back four and especially a CB partnership.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

To be fair, I'm desperate for him to be the next Mellberg or Laursen as well.  It just isn't going to happen though.  I'd say if we're lucky he might be the next Cuellar.

I asked for a bit of research and BOF came back with the answers, in our 26 game spell, the highest combination of pairing of CB's has been Vlaar and Baker for 8 games. We actually need to have a settled back four and especially a CB partnership.

This we need a a proper partnership built up over time shame okore is out for season so we need Baker and Vlar for a prolonged spell.

i think he is bang average, isn't one of our better or worse players. i personally think its the organisation and communication which is why we concede goals and make errors,  i dont think there's a massive problem with ability or experience back there anymore

Edited by skarroki

Praying he doesn't get injured

Like it or not he's the best of a bad bunch

The fact teams just walk through our midfield can't help matters much either at times i was convinced KEA was operating a zimmerframe he was that pedestrian

Edited by AshVilla

Â