Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He get's criticised far to often. Bear in mind last season was his first year in English football and had the burden of being the only senior member of a back 4 and to top it off was given the captains arm band.

The captains armband really, really shouldn't affect performance. It's kinda pointless

He's just average nothing special but probably the best we can hope for given the relative low transfer fee's the club are paying for players.

He will never be a Macca, Laursen or McNaught but he's also not the worse CH I have ever seen at VP.

didnt see full game but did he play well on saturday. only seems to get bumped when we lose and he gets blamed ;)

The defence was pretty ropey again on Saturday, despite the clean sheet.  The only player who looked halfway to any good was Bacuna.

didnt see full game but did he play well on saturday. only seems to get bumped when we lose and he gets blamed ;)

The defence was pretty ropey again on Saturday, despite the clean sheet.  The only player who looked halfway to any good was Bacuna.

I though clark had a decent game to be fair.

If that's your honest opinnion then you are just negative for the sake of it and have nothing good to say. Clark played very well, making a few pundits team of the week, a real solid performance for us. Vlaar was also solid.

I'm not convinced by any of the back four yet but credit where it's due. Bacuna did well and Clark also. Vlaar did OK but Luna always worries me defensively. The obvious concern is we scraped a 1-0 against a team that really isn't that good and the clean sheet was welcome - by God was it welcome - but as a unit it fills me with no confidence. I still don't see us often keeping the opposition scoreless and that's a worry.

Obviously the basic premise of football is to score more than the opponent but doing that is much easier and much more likely if you also prevent them from scoring any against you. Unfortunately, at the moment, that's something we are really, really shit at.

I'm not convinced by any of the back four yet but credit where it's due. Bacuna did well and Clark also. Vlaar did OK but Luna always worries me defensively. The obvious concern is we scraped a 1-0 against a team that really isn't that good and the clean sheet was welcome - by God was it welcome - but as a unit it fills me with no confidence. I still don't see us often keeping the opposition scoreless and that's a worry.

Obviously the basic premise of football is to score more than the opponent but doing that is much easier and much more likely if you also prevent them from scoring any against you. Unfortunately, at the moment, that's something we are really, really shit at.

Wow, if scraping a win against a team that have only lost at home against Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool (and Villa) in the last year is concerning then I dread to think what most of our other results are.

Wow, if scraping a win against a team that have only lost at home against Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool (and Villa) in the last year is concerning then I dread to think what most of our other results are.

Yeah do a bit of research fella instead of just saying it means nothing because it's norwich - they  are solid at home

Yeah do a bit of research fella instead of just saying it means nothing because it's norwich - they  are solid at home

Where did I say that? Brush up on comprehension skills, "fella".

If that's your honest opinnion then you are just negative for the sake of it and have nothing good to say. Clark played very well, making a few pundits team of the week, a real solid performance for us. Vlaar was also solid.

How can an "honest opinion" be "negative for the sake of it"? 

Since December 2012 those other results involved us conceding goals. Every game. Against anyone and everyone. Dread is a good word, as in dreadful.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought the objective of football was to score more goals than the opposition. It may not be perfect but I'd take what we're doing now and having a go in games than the McLeish approach of grinding out 0-0 draws.

Still, in this case we both won and kept a clean sheet, away from home against a team that is strong at home. What exactly is concerning about that?

Edited by Mantis

Â