Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

When all CBs are fit I'm not sure Vlaar will deserve a position, but with him being captain I see that as being slightly problematic. Apart from Guzan I'm not sure who else might have the right personality to be captain.

He wasn't slow to take the captaincy off Bent, so don't think Lambert would bother about something like that.  What about Westwood as captain, he's calm, assured and to me is the most intelligent of our midfielders.  He possibly needs to be more vocal, but I bet he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

Agreed. Or Guzan.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Guzan would be a good from a vocal point of view, but other than a few exceptions goalies rarely are captains as most managers seem to prefer outfield players.  I wouldn't mind Brad at all though, as he gave the defenders a right tongue lashing yesterday.  I think it really pisses him off that he hasn't kept a clean sheet in the league in ages, when it's rarely his fault.

I think we're all being a bit hard on Concrete Ron. Ok, he was out of position for the first goal, but he did block a lot of shots and intercepted some through balls. Perhaps shouldve been sent off, but he did make good tactical fouls and helped Clark keep a second half clean sheet.

It was only the first day of the season, so hopefully he gets better.

It wasn't just the goal though. Both of the Rosicky chances and the Carzola chance were down to him doing exactly the same thing of pushing up then being completely left for dead by a 1-2. Was awful really.

I think we're all being a bit hard on Concrete Ron. Ok, he was out of position for the first goal, but he did block a lot of shots and intercepted some through balls. Perhaps shouldve been sent off, but he did make good tactical fouls and helped Clark keep a second half clean sheet.

It wasn't just the goal though. Both of the Rosicky chances and the Carzola chance were down to him doing exactly the same thing of pushing up then being completely left for dead by a 1-2. Was awful really.

Sometimes it is good play though. 

Please could somebody tell me how he was out-muscled by Rosicky for their goal yesterday. Wouldn't start him myself when both Okore and Baker are fit/have had more match fitness. Lambert won't lose any sleep over taking the captaincy off him, look how he treated the club's record signing.

Edited by Avflife

Sometimes it is good play though.

Yes but once it has caught him out the first time, you'd expect any half decent defender to learn from it and not allow himself not to be played so easily again. He was a intelligent defender at Feyenoord but I'm not sure what has become of him really. I've not given up on him but I'd expect him to be dropped if he doesn't raise his performance by the Newcastle game. Edited by Isa

I thought he was our worst player yesterday.

How about all those others you think are shit?
Bennett,Bannan and Allbrighton are all still shit. I doubt many would disagree with that.

Im still not convinced by KEA, Clark or Delph. They are still hit and miss, they do good things and they do bad things.

I said Vlaar was poor all year and Saturday has done nothing to change my mind. His positional play is still terrible

Does that answer your question.

Edited by KHV

I'd put Delph as contender for captain if Vlaar is axed. Much more mature displays these days, pretty vocal on the pitch and in the dressing room and actually one of our longest serving players. Gabby would be the obvious candidate but think he plays better without the responsibility.

Bennett,Bannan and Allbrighton are all still shit. I doubt many would disagree with that.

Im still not convinced by KEA, Clark or Delph. They are still hit and miss, they do good things and they do bad things.

I said Vlaar was poor all year and Saturday has done nothing to change my mind. His positional play is still terrible

Pretty much, thanks. 

Pretty much, thanks.

No worries.

Back on topic, I would take the armband off of Vlaar and give it to Guzan. He is really vocal and more importantly he performs really well nearly all of the time.

Pretty much, thanks.

No worries.

Back on topic, I would take the armband off of Vlaar and give it to Guzan. He is really vocal and more importantly he performs really well nearly all of the time.

Vlaar is the captain, switching it now would be counter productive. Maybe give it to Brad next season, but there's no way it should be swapped now

Pretty much, thanks.

No worries.

Vlaar is the captain, switching it now would be counter productive. Maybe give it to Brad next season, but there's no way it should be swapped now

I dont think Vlaar will be starting games by October.

It's a tricky one because I can see Vlaar kicking up a fuss if he is dropped (with it being World Cup year) which may affect our morale that Lambert has worked so hard to forge.

Â