Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I actually thought it was Coutinho who ran the show that game. Liverpool are possibly a more cohesive and fluid unit without Suarez anyway. I think they will definitely pose a tougher test for our defence then either Arsenal or Chelsea did.

I see Vlaar as a good experienced defender.

I see Okare as an excellent inexperienced defender

Clark is a good inexperienced defender (although he must have learnt a lot from last year)

Baker is an excellent inexperienced defender.

Okare Baker is the future.

Clark is a good inexperienced defender (although he must have learnt a lot from last year)

Okare Baker is the future.[/

Vlaar is mediocre at best.

Okore appears to show promise and at least has a grasp of the art of defending.

Clark will never be a CB while he has a hole in his ass.

Baker is half decent but has glass legs.

Okare Baker is the future.[/

Vlaar is mediocre at best.

Okore appears to show promise and at least has a grasp of the art of defending.

Clark will never be a CB while he has a hole in his ass.

Baker is half decent but has glass legs.

On that basis we need 3 new signings?

Also lets not forget when Vlaar didn't play we conceded 15 in 3 games. Yes he is no world beater but he the best we have right now.

If he is, then it's why we can't keep a clean sheet to save ourselves.  He's very poor.

Also lets not forget when Vlaar didn't play we conceded 15 in 3 games. Yes he is no world beater but he the best we have right now.

If he is, then it's why we can't keep a clean sheet to save ourselves.  He's very poor.

And that is all his fault? Cobblers.

Looking at the goal again absolute shocking play by Vlaar. Aspas was in an offside position and Vlaar, rather than holding the line,  ran back to put him onside? while taking his eye off Enrique leaving Coutinho unmarked then still had every chance to intercept cross, fluffed it, and left gaping whole that no one could cover.

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Vlaar is being played as the anchor of our defense, and even if our defense is improved from last year, I think he is not good enough to do that. Okore looks good to me. Hopefully Clark or Baker improves further in the coming months to take Vlaar's place in the future.

Looking at the goal again absolute shocking play by Vlaar. Aspas was in an offside position and Vlaar, rather than holding the line,  ran back to put him onside? while taking his eye off Enrique leaving Coutinho unmarked then still had every chance to intercept cross, fluffed it, and left gaping whole that no one could cover.

Indeed.

Okare Baker is the future.

My thought's exactly. 

Vlaar is out of position so often and just hasn't got the pace to get back. It's painful to watch. 

Stick with Baker and Okore now.  

Vlaar is good with the ball at his feet, I never feel worried at all when he's in possession that he's going to be disposed or just pass the ball straight to the opposition which our other CBs regularly do.

It's just I don't think he's a good reader of the game at all unlike Okore who looks pretty good at that. Normally CB partnerships are ones where one CB is aerially dominate (Terry/Vidic/Dawson/Laursen etc) and another CB is better at positioning and reading the game (Carvalho/Ferdinand/Vertonghen/Mellberg etc.)

Problem here is Ron isn't great in the air either. I just feel too many throughballs beat him and get through our back 4 too easily as we saw with the ball played through for Sturridge yesterday.

I think we'll end this season with a Baker-Okore combo if Baker can actually stay fit for more than 5 minutes.

Vlaar is good IMO. I don't see where the criticism comes from. As someone stated when he was out last year we shipped 15 goals in three games. Yesterday he kept everyone in line at the back. Liverpool only created one chance guys. You'd think vlaar was gifting sides chance after chance.

I think Vlaar is open to critiscism simply by being our senior defender, the problem is, he seems to be making the mistake of a rookie, He was at Fault for the goal at Arsenal and again for the Liverpool goal IMO.  I've said it before but he's under real preasure to perform and so far this season he's fluffing it. 

Â