Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Hang on , we are getting rid of a player most wanted out as not good enough and a bad apple and replacing with a better player who the manager wants and now this is a negative? Or people ar putting a negative spin on it?

Hang on , we are getting rid of a player most wanted out as not good enough and a bad apple and replacing with a better player who the manager wants and now this is a negative? Or people ar putting a negative spin on it?

I don't think people are putting a negative spin on it mate and to be honest mate you've not all that long ago moved out of your greenhouse so its a little early to be picking up stones ;)

I think people are just trying to comprehend why the Vlaar deal continues to be so drawn out. The conclusions people are reaching are totally understandable.

Sell to buy....

It is hard to not conclude that Vlaar's arrival is directly linked with Collins' departure.

Are we getting 3.2m (or whatever we are paying for Vlaar) for Collins? If so...... :crylaugh: @ West Ham.

However I dont think we are so I don't think its strictly sell to buy.

For me this is just maintaining a manageable wage bill.

Are we getting 3.2m (or whatever we are paying for Vlaar) for Collins? If so...... :crylaugh: @ West Ham.

However I dont think we are so I don't think its strictly sell to buy.

For me this is just maintaining a manageable wage bill.

I believe its £3m for Vlaar and around £2m for Collins which is great business.

I agree though I think it is about the wages as well.

No, but we have to be realistic and accept that this is a budget squad that Lambert and Lerner is putting together, and it is a fair acessment that Lerner is keeping a close eye on the dealings so the cost doesn't spiral out of hand again.

Maybee not sell to buy, but something along those lines

There does seem to be some people on here cant fathom, why having reduced the wage bill considerably, we cant go and spend willy nilly!

I for one cant understand why anyone wouldnt be able to see/understand what is clearly happening. And thank the lord it is.

it's not about sell to buy in the old sense, as i get the impression we have money to spend so we don't need to raise funds, it's more about keeping the wage bill down and financial fair play rules.

Gone are the days of bloated reserve teams and squad players who never play (like in the good old MON days). Every player has to contribute, every body has to count, every pay check has to matter.

wages cost more now than transfer fees which is a massive problem.

i really hope we buy another striker as we have never replaced Carew and Heskey was dead wood for too long.

Gone are the days of bloated reserve teams and squad players who never play (like in the good old MON days).

Funnily enough I see that the reserve league has actually been scrapped this season. It's now an u21 competition with 3 older players permitted. Even more reason to make sure that your squad isn't too bloated.

We're now seeing the really big wages only going to the very cream at the richest clubs. The disparity within the Premier League between the top earners and the bottom has never been wider.

It is now more difficult for average players to command more than around £20k a week. Contracts now 3 years not 5 or 6. Squad sizes being squeezed too.

The gravy train is not quite over as the likes of QPR, Stoke and Wet Spam seem willing to keep trying to punch above their weight but it can't last. They will come unstuck.

Find it absurd for a premier league club to wait for a sale before announcing a new signing. So what if collins does not go through? Do we tell vlaar to go back home? Very odd. Although I'm sure there's a more logical explanation for this delay

Don't care about the sell to buy thing...does it really matter?! If it strictly was, we would'nt have signed Lowton without Hutton leaving first or KAM without say a Delph or Makoun leaving.

I believe you need International clearence before new signings can start playing, even in friendlies so would imagine he's more likely to play at Forest.

Â