Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Even so, it's pretty much common sense. If he signs before the Peterborough game then he might play in it, but Lambert will decide that. If he signs after the Peterborough game then it's a tricky one, but I would hazard a guess that he won't play in it and the game at the weekend could be his first involvement. Call me crazy ;)

If he signs before the Peterborough game then he might play in it, but Lambert will decide that. If he signs after the Peterborough game then it's a tricky one, but I would hazard a guess that he won't play in it and the game at the weekend could be his first involvement. Call me crazy

Here, smartarse :P There's a point before the 'boro game where he could sign but not have the paperwork done in time. You usually have to be registered at a given deadline before a game in order to be eligible - even if you've 'signed'.

If he signs before the Peterborough game then he might play in it, but Lambert will decide that. If he signs after the Peterborough game then it's a tricky one, but I would hazard a guess that he won't play in it and the game at the weekend could be his first involvement. Call me crazy

Here, smartarse :P There's a point before the 'boro game where he could sign but not have the paperwork done in time. You usually have to be registered at a given deadline before a game in order to be eligible - even if you've 'signed'.

Would that be true for friendlies though BOF? As you can play trialists in friendlies, if the move was completed I'd nearly be certain he could play, once he was our player and not feyenoords.

Yeah you could be right. If you are right then surely he will play against Peterborough. I can't imagine us having the opportunity to play him and not doing so.

Would that be true for friendlies though BOF? As you can play trialists in friendlies, if the move was completed I'd nearly be certain he could play, once he was our player and not feyenoords.

BOF is probably right to be fair, although your point about trialists is a fair one. I would have thought that some sort of contract would have to be signed before a player could compete for us, even if it is only a friendly.

However the last point you make could be key in the situation with Vlaar. I don't pretend to know much about how transfers work with concerns to when they're officially a player of ours and not the club we bought them from, but I always thought that until they sign the contract for us and it's been ratified by the proper authorities, they will be under contract from their old team.

Who knows? It hasn't been announced yet for whatever reason, but I personally think he will play a part tomorrow and it'll be announced either later today or before the match tomorrow. I don't think it matters too much though, it seems pretty certain he's a Villa player now.

According to the OS he could play against Peterborough..
Isn't that just reporting what the B'ham Mail is saying?

And that was based on the assumption that he would sign today, which he hasn't done so far.

What's going on? I have this vision of him turning to his agent at the last minute and saying "Hang on, you're asking me to sign for VILLA? Those bastards who never returned my phone calls all last week? Sod it, I'm outta here!" And storming out. :(

To push for Season Ticket sales, they're recording a video of him explaining how he will smash Stewart Downing into the ground when he returns to VP.

Â