Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I thought in friendlies you could field whoever you want

I mean there's nothing at stake ? As long as insurances are in place etc. he could play even if technically not 100% signed

Sell to buy....

It is hard to not conclude that Vlaar's arrival is directly linked with Collins' departure.

Is it really though? What happens if we signed Vlaar before Collins leaves and the Collins deal falls through? Would we then be stuck with Collins?

Would that be true for friendlies though BOF? As you can play trialists in friendlies, if the move was completed I'd nearly be certain he could play, once he was our player and not feyenoords.

BOF is probably right to be fair, although your point about trialists is a fair one. I would have thought that some sort of contract would have to be signed before a player could compete for us, even if it is only a friendly.

However the last point you make could be key in the situation with Vlaar. I don't pretend to know much about how transfers work with concerns to when they're officially a player of ours and not the club we bought them from, but I always thought that until they sign the contract for us and it's been ratified by the proper authorities, they will be under contract from their old team.

Who knows? It hasn't been announced yet for whatever reason, but I personally think he will play a part tomorrow and it'll be announced either later today or before the match tomorrow. I don't think it matters too much though, it seems pretty certain he's a Villa player now.

Well ya, but I meant as long as he had signed the contract he would ( I assume) effectively be our player and then would be eligible to play. Obviously if the contract hasnt been tied up he would not be able. I was merely stating I did not think there was any deadline for him to have things sorted for him to play.

Sell to buy....

It is hard to not conclude that Vlaar's arrival is directly linked with Collins' departure.

Looks that way.

Like i said earlier James Nursey believes it will all be confirmed thursday once Collins is confirmed as a west ham player.

Sell to buy....

Sell to buy still implies that we need the cash from the Collins sale to pay for Vlaar which IMO is not the case. I think Lambert is just being prudent, obviously has wage constrictions and it would make more sense to get rid of Collins before Vlaar comes in.

Sell to buy means we need to sell a player before signing one.

Wether its money for the transfer or wages its the same thing really. No idea if its going to be like this for every signing but its quite clear us signing vlaar is linked with selling james collins.

Like woody said, if we don't lose out on players then its not an issue.

Sell to buy....

Sell to buy still implies that we need the cash from the Collins sale to pay for Vlaar which IMO is not the case. I think Lambert is just being prudent, obviously has wage constrictions and it would make more sense to get rid of Collins before Vlaar comes in.

I agree, I think the sell to buy is more a wage issue than a transfer issue. PL could face the dilemma of the Collins deal falling through and then that's £40k per week for AVFC to pick up until January. As long as it doesn't cause us to miss out on potential players, I'd rather we took this approach tbh.

I wonder when he will score from a corner?

My bet is Saturday 18th August, 21 months since our last goal from such a set piece.

Is that just in the Premier League? Because we scored from a corner in a friendly a few weeks ago.

Who did we sell to buy Holman or kea or lowton ?

Well we didn't pay anything for Holman ;)

We have though got a lot of players off the wage bill which has allowed us to bring these three in on new contracts.

I personally don't think it is a huge leap to think that we want to be sure of getting Collins off the wage bill before we bring someone else on in his place.

Â