Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Lowton --- Vlaar --- Clark --- Cresswell

with KEA in front of it and Lichaj, Baker and Herd on the bench ......

has a really interesting and exciting, yet somewhat uncertain feel to it.

For the first time in ages I genuinely don't know what to expect at the start of the season. I am hoping they will gel and be really great (although fully expect this to take time) and really believe it could happen under Lambert. Equally, they could be pants. But at least there is a chance it will be very good and exciting, with all three full backs (including Lichaj) capable of getting forward and a proper DCM to cover.

Interesting, and hopeful, times again for Villans everywhere.

Personally, I think this is the most exciting period I have known as a Villan.

As for Ron, I really hope he will be our new Laursen, although hopefully he will be a little less aggressive defensively i.e. not have to attack every ball even when he knows he has little chance, although you had to love Martin. He certainly seems to have the passion that we want to see - a bit different from Dunne and Collins.

Hahaha.. His knee is solid, it's been solid for 2 years. The reason his medical has probably taken longer is just for caution sake alone. He probably passed with flying colours but after an extensive medical that ended into the evening the club decided to savour the news until tomorrow. If it didn't go smoothly i.e. He failed, then it would have been announced right there and then on the OS that the Vlaar deal is a no go.

Â