Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

The frustrating part about transfers being public knowledge is having to wait... and wait... and wait for official confirmation. This has been a right drawn out drama, just get it signed sealed and delivered already so he can get amongst the squad and get some pre season games in.

we're dragging this one out a bit. Looking like thursday.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

Ron Vlaar having #AVFC medical part 2 today. Expect official confirmation Thursday when James Collins' exit to #WHUFC to be rubber stamped

Medical part 2? That's not normal is it?

Maybe they are a bit concerned about his previous injuries after all.

Ron Vlaar having #AVFC medical part 2 today. Expect official confirmation Thursday when James Collins' exit to #WHUFC to be rubber stamped

As far as I'm aware it's normal procedure to have it 2 parts, one part for fitness checks and the other for the more intricate stuff such as scans. I'm sure every club does their medicals different.

Well the slightly more reliable Kendrick thinks it will be done today.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/07/31/aston-villa-ron-vlaar-could-face-peterborough-97319-31513214/

As far as I'm aware it's normal procedure to have it 2 parts, one part for fitness checks and the other for the more intricate stuff such as scans. I'm sure every club does their medicals different.

It could just be that I'm a bit restless to see this one tied up, but I can't remember medicals taking that long in the past.

I'm often wrong about this sort of thing though!

:D

3m for a dutch international could be an absolute steal

Agree.

To get him and KEA for small fees could be a masterstroke.

We seem to be getting good value with all our deals so far. Which makes the links to Fletcher and Carroll seem pretty unlikely.

Â