Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Ron Vlaar can't wait to meet the Villa faithful - and his wish will be granted on Friday.

Vlaar personally requested the opportunity to meet the fans of his new club and will do so at the Villa Village Store at 2.30pm.*

Vlaar was a huge favourite with supporters at Feyenoord and he made it clear in his AVTV signing interview that fans are vital for any club's success.

The huge centre-half will be on hand to greet supporters in B6 and will also happily sign items purchased in store on the day.

Vlaar has been handed the No.4 shirt if supporters wish to print his name and number on their new Macron/Genting shirts.

Other squad numbers will be confirmed very shortly.

The meet and greet follows a press conference to herald his arrival at Villa Park that same day.

*Please be aware that this time is subject to his training schedule and may change by 30 mins or so at late notice.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2867656,00.html

This is why he should be captain!

Here is a tank.

euaaaq.jpg

And also a vehicle used by the army.

My relationship with Feyenoord is forever, I will definitely keep coming back in the tank.

**** me, he's got a tank. That'll make Ireland's Range Rover look a bit ghey.
Jeez, I thought it was a mistranslation, but it looks like he actually HAS!!!

"I am looking forward to following in the footsteps of players such as Paul McGrath, Olof Mellberg and Martin Laursen"

:thumb: I like.

Good stuff.

Still think Bent should be captain. I know it's unusual that a forward to play that role but for me he's the player that has the most respect and has shown creditable loyalty towards us. Sounds like Ron will bring leadership to the team whether he's captain or not.

Let's look at the facts.

He wears a manbag and a Vauxhall jacket.

hangs around with soldiers.

Doesn't know where the full screen button is on a (possibly illegal :winkold: ) football stream

Why have we bothered, Lambert out!

Welcome Ron Claret. :wave:

Â