Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I am concerned that Vlaar only has one year remaining on his contract (something that some have been addressed prior to the WC) and expect him to have a good tournament, resulting in other clubs sniffing around.

But what price, considering he's into his last year of his contract, would be acceptable/unrefusable to sell him on (not that I want to!)???

If someone comes in with a bid of £8m+ I can reluctantly see us accepting it.

Interesting to see him play when he hasn't got to chaperone others.

He has had too much to do at Villa, to concentrate fully on his own game.

• Like 1

True, the Chuckle Brothers seem to take the edge off him.

I said if a while ago and the way he plays in this World Cup won't change my mind. Vlaar will very likely be a Man United player next season and it's something we need to start getting used too.

TBH I'm struggling to see why a better side won't come in for him this summer.

This to be honest. Even teams who are only just slightly above us, Southampton for example, could offer him a much better deal than what we could. Last year of his contract and is in his prime, performing better and better as the games go by. Why wouldn't another team want him?

I said if a while ago and the way he plays in this World Cup won't change my mind. Vlaar will very likely be a Man United player next season and it's something we need to start getting used too.

I don't know about "very likely".

With the money they've allegedly got to spend I'm not sure if they'll go for Vlaar, as much as I rate him. Think a lot of this is just based on the Van Gaal connection.

Edited by Mantis

I've just had a horrible thought.

Was Senderos bought to replace Vlaar?

Doubt it - people have been saying all season how we need another experienced CB, and he's definitely better than Baker and probably Clark.

He still did the organising of the Dutch defence, being the most experienced head. 

Yeah let's all get used to something that is barely being discussed other than on here

Â