Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I said if a while ago and the way he plays in this World Cup won't change my mind. Vlaar will very likely be a Man United player next season and it's something we need to start getting used too.

I don't know about "very likely".

With the money they've allegedly got to spend I'm not sure if they'll go for Vlaar, as much as I rate him. Think a lot of this is just based on the Van Gaal connection.

Which is quite a big connection as Van Gaal clearly rates him. If Man United needed one centre half then you could argue that they would be looking for somebody better than Vlaar. But the fact they need 2 or maybe even 3 or 4 suggests they can't blow all their kitty on centre halves and will look for some cheaper options.

I said if a while ago and the way he plays in this World Cup won't change my mind. Vlaar will very likely be a Man United player next season and it's something we need to start getting used too.

Yeah let's all get used to something that is barely being discussed other than on here

Nothing wrong with being prepared for the inevitable.

The good news for us is that both Lerner and Lambert will probably be hoping they don't have to be all that concerned with what happens next summer - so there's not a lot of benefit in picking up £3m now for Vlaar rather than just letting him run out his contract. I think he'll leave on a free next summer so we'll get another year out of him. In a way that's good news, we're forced at the moment into thinking in the short term on the pitch and he'll be 30 by then so his residual value wouldn't mean a big hit..

It's not so good news on Delph, who we'll be giving up for nothing instead of for £15m.

The good news for us is that both Lerner and Lambert will probably be hoping they don't have to be all that concerned with what happens next summer - so there's not a lot of benefit in picking up £3m now for Vlaar rather than just letting him run out his contract. I think he'll leave on a free next summer so we'll get another year out of him. In a way that's good news, we're forced at the moment into thinking in the short term on the pitch and he'll be 30 by then so his residual value wouldn't mean a big hit..

It's not so good news on Delph, who we'll be giving up for nothing instead of for £15m.

I don't think Delph is worth anything near 15 million but I see your point.

I'd say Delph is worth no more than £10m

5 to 7m and he can go

Contract situation aside he's worth way more than that. Don't know how you could be happy to see him go for just £5m.

Yeah let's all get used to something that is barely being discussed other than on here

Just because in your opinion something is likely to happen doesn't mean it's "inevitable".

5 to 7m and he can go

Contract situation aside he's worth way more than that. Don't know how you could be happy to see him go for just £5m.

Just because in your opinion something is likely to happen doesn't mean it's "inevitable".

With all due respect can you stop taking everything I write so literally please.

In 'my opinion' he will be sold to Man United this summer.

TBH I'm struggling to see why a better side won't come in for him this summer.

This to be honest. Even teams who are only just slightly above us, Southampton for example, could offer him a much better deal than what we could. Last year of his contract and is in his prime, performing better and better as the games go by. Why wouldn't another team want him?

Any half decent team scouting the world cup will look at our current situation, the length left on his contract and think he's worth going after.

I know this isn't a delph thread but i think delph is worth £15 million +

5 to 7m and he can go

With all due respect can you stop taking everything I write so literally please.

It's only because you write it that way.

• Like 1

I know this isn't a delph thread but i think delph is worth £15 million +

Based on what? I think that's a massive over-valuation. 

5 to 7m and he can go

Inevitable is a pretty definite statement to be fair.

Fair enough. But if we had to give the chances of leaving a rating out of 10 then surely it would be 10.

On a serious note though obviously we won't know for sure until after World Cup but I would be suprised if there is no clubs in for him. Or maybe I just rate him more highly than he really is.

Â