Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He was on the bench for them most of the last world cup. Will be interesting to see how he does with better players around him.

Read an article to say he wasn't in the squad last time due to injury ..... Think he is a starter.

That holland squad looks average to me, if they have a good World Cup (semi finals) then id say it's largely down to united new manager

I was surprised when Vlaar was named in the 23 for Holland. He is a decent defender but they have really gone downhill if he is one of the top defenders they have available to them. 

they played the last game with 3 CB's that is maybe why

I was surprised when Vlaar was named in the 23 for Holland. He is a decent defender but they have really gone downhill if he is one of the top defenders they have available to them.

Downhill? They haven't had a good defence for ages. This is actually one of their better ones as they have happened to have an entire crop of talented defenders come through at the same time.

• Like 1

Yeah defence has always been the weak link for Holland. Wasnt that Blackburn defender Andre Ooijer first choice a few years back ? Thats how poor it was.

My Nan was dutch so my mum and sister support them at the WC pffftttt. Very strange when my mum speaks fluent Dutch on the phone when she talks to family over there. It feels like I dont know who she is when she does :s. Vlaar is good enough anyway even if they had a top class backline he should always be in there imo

If you believe WIKI then defenders in the Holland squad for the WC have a combined numbert of 69 caps between them, probably the lowest of all teams in the tournament?.

Sergio Ramos alone has 115 caps...

They do have a crop of promising young defenders coming through thou, Willems and Van Der Wiel both out injured

Use him to advertise the kit then don't give him a new contract?

He's still got 12 months left though? We can sort a new one when the new owner and manager arrive? Plus we can get a quality kit manufacturer and sponsor?

Â