Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

It's common sense really. If we're talking about a club like Southampton and Newcastle (and not someone like Man United). Even then, he's still going to want to be playing every week. That's the case with most footballers.

At the same time though Vlaar isn't going to want anything less than playing week in week out.

Considering you are always pulling me up for stating things as fact I'm surprised you can say that.

I've not claimed anything is "inevitable" or "very likely" though.

You are still claiming to know what Vlaar will want. That's just as bad.

I think it's common sense that he will leave in the summer.

Well not too many agreeing with you so perhaps individual and not common sense

The guy features in a great win for his country in which he didn't have to do a lot and we should all suddenly fear him going to a top club

Perspective. Get some.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1

It's common sense really. If we're talking about a club like Southampton and Newcastle (and not someone like Man United). Even then, he's still going to want to be playing every week. That's the case with most footballers.

At the same time though Vlaar isn't going to want anything less than playing week in week out.

Considering you are always pulling me up for stating things as fact I'm surprised you can say that.

Not really - it's pretty much common sense that most footballers want to play every week. Vlaar clearly isn't one of those that would be happy to sit on the bench every week (although that doesn't necessarily mean he'd turn down a move to United obviously). It's nothing like claiming that him leaving is "inevitable".

How is it common sense he'll leave this summer?

Not really - it's pretty much common sense that most footballers want to play every week. Vlaar clearly isn't one of those that would be happy to sit on the bench every week (although that doesn't necessarily mean he'd turn down a move to United obviously). It's nothing like claiming that him leaving is "inevitable".

How is it common sense he'll leave this summer?

Ok maybe not common sense he will leave but let's look at the facts.

He is a very good International defender that has one year left on his contract. The chances of teams being in for him will be high. I'm sure the club will try hard to keep him but given the situation our club is in at the moment do you think he will want to stay?

Ok maybe not common sense he will leave but let's look at the facts.

He is a very good International defender that has one year left on his contract. The chances of teams being in for him will be high. I'm sure the club will try hard to keep him but given the situation our club is in at the moment do you think he will want to stay?

I never said I didn't think there was a possibility that he could leave, I just don't think it's as likely as you make out.

This has been rumbling on for a while now and its going around in circles.

Yes Vlaar is out of contract next summer, yes there is potentially clubs interested in him and potentially he could go. Or, he could stay or no clubs could come in for him, or he could decide to wait for a Bosman exit next year.

I don't think anyone is saying 'he won't go, no chance' and neither does it seem that anyone thinks a new deal is likely in the current circumstances.

But his departure isn't inevitable, it isn't already fact that it is going to happen and with the exception of some speculation linking him with United there has been nothing to suggest his departure is on the cards. Speculation I might add that seems to be based on nothing more than United's need to CB's, Vlaar being Dutch and the choice of appointment by United.

So while some might feel certain he will go, others quite rightly feel differently or at least feel at this stage that there is just no way of knowing what might happen.

That is about the size of it really.

• Like 3

"Vlaar Morghulis"

Vlaar leaving is inevitable, althou he might stay and even sign a new contract (Vlaar dohaeris) but one day he will leave)

Edited by sne

The guy features in a great win for his country in which he didn't have to do a lot and we should all suddenly fear him going to a top club

Perspective. Get some.

Correct.....he had a good game against a good team who had a collective shocker. Let's see how the rest of the tournament goes before we start deciding where he's going. To be honest, if it's the right money, I'd take it.....

Not really - it's pretty much common sense that most footballers want to play every week.

not in my opinion, those days are gone, football is a confidence / arrogance thing, most footballers will believe that they are going to play every week, even when every man and his dog knows that they wont

£££ rules, if someone came in for vlaar and offered him more money that us then he'll be gone, even if its QPR offering him a role as 1st choice or if its newcastle offering him a role as 4th choice, simple as that I'm affraid

I think he would be happy to stay here as our captain if there was a bit of stability that a new owner would bring along with a bit of cash to use to bring in new players and to offer him a decent new contract before other clubs seriously look at making him an offer. Not looking likely any time soon sadly.    

Perspective. Get some.

Correct.....he had a good game against a good team who had a collective shocker. Let's see how the rest of the tournament goes before we start deciding where he's going. To be honest, if it's the right money, I'd take it.....

I've been saying I think he will leave for weeks now and i don't think how he performs in the World Cup will make a difference. I hope I'm wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Saw an article on Newsnow where Ron Vlaar talks about Villa's drinking culture, specifically saying that a few of the other lads might have made the world cup (besides him, Guzan and Benteke (usually)) were it not for their drinking.

I found it mildly interesting. Might explain some rationale behind appointing Keane? Cant see him standing for Weimann and co on the beer every weekend. I really really hope we hold onto Vlaar. I was only thinking the other day, our starting XI isnt THAT bad. Losing players like him, Delph and Benteke would be enormous.

• Like 1

Saw an article on Newsnow where Ron Vlaar talks about Villa's drinking culture, specifically saying that a few of the other lads might have made the world cup (besides him, Guzan and Benteke (usually)) were it not for their drinking.

I found it mildly interesting. Might explain some rationale behind appointing Keane? Cant see him standing for Weimann and co on the beer every weekend. I really really hope we hold onto Vlaar. I was only thinking the other day, our starting XI isnt THAT bad. Losing players like him, Delph and Benteke would be enormous.

Like I mentioned a number of times, our young guns like their booze. According to a friend of mine who knows them, Andi and Cieran are to be seen out in brum more or less every saturday night. I can imagine this must spread wider than just these two 

• Like 1

Like I mentioned a number of times, our young guns like their booze. According to a friend of mine who knows them, Andi and Cieran are to be seen out in brum more or less every saturday night. I can imagine this must spread wider than just these two 

I think there are rather more obvious reasons why Weimann and Clark were always fairly unlikely to play in the World Cup. 

Â