Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I can just see Lerner selling him if it doesn't look like we're get bought by the end of August.

Why would he do that?

He's not investing anything more himself, if we're not bought out, we'll probably go down next season and he'll be losing Delph/Vlaar/Agbag for nothing next summer.

Why not take £5/6m now?

• Like 1

I can just see Lerner selling him if it doesn't look like we're get bought by the end of August.

Why would he do that?

I think Lerner is just stalling on new contracts, I would expect us to renew Vlaar, Delph and Gabby. I think they will be given new deals at the start of theseason if there is no new buyer

Why would he do that?

He's not investing anything more himself, if we're not bought out, we'll probably go down next season and he'll be losing Delph/Vlaar/Agbag for nothing next summer.

Why not take £5/6m now?

Of course, Lerner is looking to sell a PL club for hundreds of millions of pounds, what better way to ensure our status in the PL and market value, that sell one of our most important players and captain for a few million?

Vlaar will be going nowhere.

Why not give the manager £25m to strengthen the squad?

That would certainly give us a better chance of staying in the league. Saving £100m longer term.

If a good bid comes in, Vlaar is off. If we reject it, he'll hand in a transfer request and leave, especially if it's Utd calling :thumb:

A lot to be cheerful about now as a Villa fan.

That would certainly give us a better chance of staying in the league. Saving £100m longer term.

If a good bid comes in, Vlaar is off. If we reject it, he'll hand in a transfer request and leave, especially if it's Utd calling :thumb:

United won't be calling, he is not united quality.

Why not invest £25m?

There comes a time when you have to cut your losses and cut your cloth accordingly, you can't keep saying "invest another £25m, just another £25m...."

Why would he do that?

Why not take £5/6m now?

Because the money we'd get from selling Vlaar now would be nothing compared to the money we'd lose from going down, which selling would make much more likely.

If we needed to sell someone to bring in say Hoolahan and one other then i'd sell Gabby and keep both Vlaar and Delph. Currently selling Gabby wouldn't be as big a loss as the other two but if Vlaar did leave without an able replacement then we can kiss our Premiership status goodbye next season without the change of ownership.

Edited by shaggy

Well giving Lambert £25m is not a guarantee of staying up. He's had £40m over the past 2 seasons and only just kept us up?

Better off sacking Lambert and bringing in proper manager!

• Like 2

Well giving Lambert £25m is not a guarantee of staying up. He's had £40m over the past 2 seasons and only just kept us up?

And which "proper" managers would want to come here with all the uncertainty over the ownership?

And which "proper" managers would want to come here with all the uncertainty over the ownership?

One's better than Lambert? Plenty!

But when the takeover get's sorted any sane new owner will make their first job sacking Lambert! The man embodies all that is wrong about the Lerner years!

Why would he do that?

I think Lerner is just stalling on new contracts, I would expect us to renew Vlaar, Delph and Gabby. I think they will be given new deals at the start of theseason if there is no new buyer
I wonder whether Gabby's contract coming into its final year, is part of the reason the others' haven't been renewed yet. Had it just been Vlaar and Delph's contracts, Randy could renew them, knowing that Lambert or any new manager after a takeover, would probably want them to stay. However, Gabby's a player that splits opinion. A new manager (if a takeover happens) might want to get rid of his wages and spend them on someone else. Just a thought.

United won't be calling, he is not united quality.

Why not invest £25m?

There comes a time when you have to cut your losses and cut your cloth accordingly, you can't keep saying "invest another £25m, just another £25m...."

Randy won't put any of his own money in, and that's fair enough, but apparently we're running at break even as it is, and with the additional TV money it's likely PL's budget will be whatever we've got left over after costs have been covered. That could range from £10-20m without sales, nobody on here has any way of knowing. Randy won't be taking that money and sticking it in his pocket though - he's never done that, and I've never understood the suggestions from some that he was pocketing money. We've got the guy an absolute fortune, not made him anything

But when the takeover get's sorted any sane new owner will make their first job sacking Lambert! The man embodies all that is wrong about the Lerner years!

Any names?

For god sake the £40mill argument. It's like nails down a chalkboard. O I forgot he had hutton and Bent, yeah he should have spent it better. Massive massive yawn.

Of course there are many better managers, but which could we realistically get under the current circumstances?

11710495_ori.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Â