Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I'm still not sure he's good enough for a team challenging for the title. But van gaal may fancy him if he continues his world cup like this.

Demichelis vs Vlaar…its pretty even isn't it?

Yeah good point. I'll guess we'll see because this summer is a great chance to get him.

Shows how much some Villa fans know about our players.

I think the last couple of years have made it difficult for fans to think of our players as real quality unless they do stand out things like delph and benteke.

Looks a different class alongside decent players. Wouldn't be surprised to see Van Gaal after him since he needs a couple of centre halves. Known by the manager, liked by the manager, experience in the premier league and would only be a few million. Couldn't blame Ron for wanting out. After beating Spain like that in the World Cup, he must think he can do better than us.

Edited by blunther

He's never stood out as a great defender, his heading and awareness has been pretty poor not to mention his passing. But fair play, good result tonight, and best of luck to him in the rest of the tournament.

EH?

• Like 2

Hes a good solid defender, and alongside a quicker defender, his reading of the game, and experience, is crucial.

Don't recall Vidic being very quick tbh.

Vlaar and Okores, with a good defensive midfielder in front of them, would be a good defence imho.

Hes a good solid defender, and alongside a quicker defender, his reading of the game, and experience, is crucial.

Vlaar and Okores, with a good defensive midfielder in front of them, would be a good defence imho.

It's got potential but I worry if Lambert can organise the team correctly.

Well he's not going to Inter so I'm sure playing with Vidic won't be an issue.

He's never stood out as a great defender, his heading and awareness has been pretty poor not to mention his passing. But fair play, good result tonight, and best of luck to him in the rest of the tournament.

EH?

I think his awareness has been poor, and his passing arguably terrible. What do you think?

Â