Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Ron is a passionate guy and wears his heart on his sleeve and is unable to hide his disappointment when things don't go his or the teams way, which I can appreciate in some way. For the second goal, he was at fault, his clearance was poor but did he have an influence on Guzan's positional awareness...not really.

The last few weeks he hasn't been as "concrete" at the back as he has been, but please...look at his supporting cast? He has a RB who let's face it isn't really a RB and a CB partner who is a walking liability....his confidence at the minute must be shot.

We need to get this season out of the way (hopefully with us still in the PL) and hopefully next season, Ron will have colleagues who can pull their weight, rather than those who barely contribute and expect him to mop up their mistakes.

Apparently made a hand gesture implying "forget it" (according to Instagram comments). Not exactly end of the world.

yeah thats the way i saw it, every other player stayed on the half way line and clapped a bit, lambert was straight down the tunnel, vlaar started to walk towards us, heard the boos, stopped looked at us for a couple of seconds, gestured a "forget it" with his hand and walked off

hard to tell from the distance but he looked disappointed with us

If you see the video, he is being called "s**t" and a "c-word". I wouldn't come over either in the face of such vitriol.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

From my view he and Albrighton looked like the only 2 players coming over @FT, Ron was just a little bit too eager until he saw/heard the boos and abuse so he stopped and shrugged his shoulders. I can't blame him, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory for the Shelvey goal but some of the abuse he was getting is ridiculous seeing as he's our captain and, more importantly, one of our most consistant performers!

FWIW I don't think the majority of abuse was aimed at him, certainly not around me, but the players do have to take responsibility for their performances, or lack thereof

Edited by MyLord

Vlaar takes his responsibilities as captain of this club very seriously and is always one of the first to come over and applaud whatever the result so I'd cut him some slack as I'm sure he knew that wasn't his finest game of the season.

We need a big performance from him v Hull. Hull are hardly a free scoring team so I'm optimistic we'll get a point from that.

http://instagram.com/p/nQ1Ve-Bu7F/

The video you were all talking about, i dont know who that girl/young lad is screaming "you're shit" but jesus how is someone telling it to shut up?

Anyway i dont think considering we are on a 7 game winless run 6 being defeats and another 4-1 that it was wise for any player to approach the fans but i think Vlaar is one of the few that cares regardless of how poor he may have been lately.

If we ever get some Investment he's one of the few worth keeping and theres probably only 4-5 of them.

Ron Vlaar has shown us many times he's a very good defender. We shouldn't forget that as fans.

He just needs a partner in defence who is just as good as him and hopefully we'll have a more solid back line,

I think he'll have a good World Cup - I'll be watching Holland's games with a lot of interest just to see how well Vlaar does if he plays around 'better' players.

• Like 1

Apparently made a hand gesture implying "forget it" (according to Instagram comments). Not exactly end of the world.

yeah thats the way i saw it, every other player stayed on the half way line and clapped a bit, lambert was straight down the tunnel, vlaar started to walk towards us, heard the boos, stopped looked at us for a couple of seconds, gestured a "forget it" with his hand and walked off

hard to tell from the distance but he looked disappointed with us

And so he should be disappointed with the fans.... I mean, what bastards travelling all that way to watch a team get smashed 4-1 and not pulling their weight so that Vlaar can go home happy having earned about 30k for doing nothing. Some fans are just so damn selfish.

Â