Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Stop making exuses for this guy he is our weake link bigtime as he was last season !!!!.Should not be captain let alone starting 11.It's a shame Okore is injuried.Lambert needs to wake up to himself and drop him.Problem is that now there is not much to replace him either.

Absolutely spot on. People keep making excuses for him having to "babysit" the likes of Clark and Baker, when I don't think he's as good as either of them. Terrible player.
Agree to disagree.

I'd be interested to know what those two posters think now.

Just for the record - that is NOT me, despite the similar name.

Stop making exuses for this guy he is our weake link bigtime as he was last season !!!!.Should not be captain let alone starting 11.It's a shame Okore is injuried.Lambert needs to wake up to himself and drop him.Problem is that now there is not much to replace him either.

Absolutely spot on. People keep making excuses for him having to "babysit" the likes of Clark and Baker, when I don't think he's as good as either of them. Terrible player.
Agree to disagree.

I'd be interested to know what those two posters think now.

Just for the record - that is NOT me, despite the similar name.

Stop making exuses...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I thought he was excellent today. Gave everything, a real captain's performance in a struggling side badly needing not to lose. I would probably have him as player of the season ahead of Delph and Guzan, these 3  are miles ahead of anyone else in the team.

Edited by The Fun Factory

I thought he was excellent today. Gave everything, a real captain's performance in a struggling side badly needing not to lose. I would probably have him as player of the season ahead of Delph and Guzan, these 3  are miles ahead of anyone else in the team.

Agreed. How many times did he put in a perfect tackle that stopped an almost certain goal?

Honestly, I dread to think where we'd be if we'd have signed Ramis or Yoshida (we were linked with both of those) instead of him 2 years ago.

So so good.

Such pressure on him as well; if he makes a mistake, it's going to lead to a goalscoring opportunity because there won't be another Vlaar there to bail him out, as he is with everyone else.

Agreed. How many times did he put in a perfect tackle that stopped an almost certain goal?

Honestly, I dread to think where we'd be if we'd have signed Ramis or Yoshida (we were linked with both of those) instead of him 2 years ago.

I dread to think if that Okore got injured and we had to rely on Nathan Baker in defence. Oh wait a minute.....

I dread to think if that Okore got injured and we had to rely on Nathan Baker in defence. Oh wait a minute.....

At least we've had Vlaar for most of the season.

I thought he was excellent today. Gave everything, a real captain's performance in a struggling side badly needing not to lose. I would probably have him as player of the season ahead of Delph and Guzan, these 3 are miles ahead of anyone else in the team.

At least we've had Vlaar for most of the season.

Obviously excluding his mandatory christmas holidays.....

Wow, as if Lallanna is worth that much? I mean he is pretty good but that's a bit much don't you think?!

2nd most created chances in the league this season behind Henderson who cost 20 mill few years ago. If he goes to Manure or the like I'd imagine the fee would be close if not more

Â