Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Vlaar is good but isn't Man UTD good.

Neither is Ferdinand anymore or Phil Jones, Smalling or Evans.

Vlaar would walk into their back four.

Hmmm... I really dont think Vlaar is that great. We miss him when he's out, but it's not as if our defence is solid when he's playing is it?

Vlaar isn't good enough for any of the top 6 teams IMO. 

Id take Vlaar ahead of Demichelis, Lescott, Dawson, Kaboul, Skrtel, Agger plus them United defenders everyday of the week

• Like 1

nobody is saying Vlaar is Maldini or Nesta but he is a lot better than a lot of centre halfs in the league when fully fit. play him next to a good experienced pro and you would see what he is like

nobody is saying Vlaar is Maldini or Nesta but he is a lot better than a lot of centre halfs in the league when fully fit. play him next to a good experienced pro and you would see what he is like

Yep, especially if VG is taking over as manager. He knows Vlaar very well, Vlaar now knows this league very well. United need 2 if not 3 new centre backs.

That said, Vlaar has said this morning on the OS that he wants to be a player that Villa fans look back at as a great and he says he now looks up to McGrath.

A lot of the same people were telling me lowton was one of the best rb's in the league last year.

Vlaar has done very little to make us a better team or a better defence. He's had games when he's looked very good but for the most part he's a very average premier league defender.

A lot of the same people were telling me lowton was one of the best rb's in the league last year.

Vlaar has done very little to make us a better team or a better defence. He's had games when he's looked very good but for the most part he's a very average premier league defender.

we have conceded 15 less goals than last season. if that's not proof then what is

Surely you can't expect him to do all the work on his own? Our defensive troubles this season haven't been in any way due to Vlaar, if anything they've improved solely because of him imo.

We've improved on a record breaking defensive unit from last season but we're still not a decent defensive side, we've still let in a high number of goals. No doubt everyone but vlaar will be blamed for that.

Surely you can't expect him to do all the work on his own? Our defensive troubles this season haven't been in any way due to Vlaar, if anything they've improved solely because of him imo.

The defence is a unit. It's not all down to him but at the same time he's not clear of any blame.

Swap Vlaar for Kompany and I doubt he'd singlehandedly make a significant difference like you seem to be expecting Vlaar to make. He hasn't had a perfect season and he's made mistakes, but he's clearly a good player.

I love the fact that we have him.

• Like 2

We've improved on a record breaking defensive unit from last season but we're still not a decent defensive side, we've still let in a high number of goals. No doubt everyone but vlaar will be blamed for that.

The defence is a unit. It's not all down to him but at the same time he's not clear of any blame.

I appreciate that the defence is a unit. I also feel that he's the only one who shows any ability to hold the unit together. To replace Vlaar with a player of equal quality would cost a lot of money (again only my opinion).

He's one of the few players who i think comes out of this season with any credit and i also feel he's worth building the defence around.

think you are just nostalgic for the days of Clark and Baker partnering each other at the back

To be fair Lowton was actually pretty good last season. What, do you not think players can regress/improve?

How do you know that Vlaar has done little to make us a better team? The stats for when he's in the team compared to when he isn't speak for themselves. If he's "average" then I'd love it if we could have some more "average" players.

• Like 1

Swap Vlaar for Kompany and I doubt he'd singlehandedly make a significant difference like you seem to be expecting Vlaar to make. He hasn't had a perfect season and he's made mistakes, but he's clearly a good player.

I love the fact that we have him.

I think a player as good as kompany would make a big difference. That's the kind of 'no one could do better than Lambert' thinking.

I keep hearing we have all these good players and a good manager. So what's gone wrong?

To be fair Lowton was actually pretty good last season. What, do you not think players can regress/improve?

How do you know that Vlaar has done little to make us a better team? The stats for when he's in the team compared to when he isn't speak for themselves. If he's "average" then I'd love it if we could have some more "average" players.

I've not disagreed we're better with him in the team. Are the stats with him in the team good?

Â