Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Apparently made a hand gesture implying "forget it" (according to Instagram comments). Not exactly end of the world.

yeah thats the way i saw it, every other player stayed on the half way line and clapped a bit, lambert was straight down the tunnel, vlaar started to walk towards us, heard the boos, stopped looked at us for a couple of seconds, gestured a "forget it" with his hand and walked off

hard to tell from the distance but he looked disappointed with us

And so he should be disappointed with the fans.... I mean, what bastards travelling all that way to watch a team get smashed 4-1 and not pulling their weight so that Vlaar can go home happy having earned about 30k for doing nothing. Some fans are just so damn selfish.

I'm fairly sure Vlaar was more disappointed with the whole situation rather than the fans. He's one of the few players who gives his all for this club and one of the few who has had a good season.

• Like 1

can see both sides to this one....

if the players had just walked down the tunnel and not bothered clapping the fans at all you would of had fans who went saying "we travelled all this to watch us lose and they couldn't be arsed to clap us" etc.  but then on the other side of things what are we mean't to do clap them off after a 4-1 defeat.

Hardly great though is, if you was captain of a club and clapped the away fans and got boos and abuse like that would you really feel like putting the effort in for those same fans the next week when a win is needed?

if i was one of our better players the first thing id be doing when the seasons over is handing in a transfer request and getting away from this rotten mess of a club asap.

• Like 1

I actually think he will be gone in the summer.

I fear for the same. He could easily get into a better team IMO.

I don't think he could.

He stands out as less garbage compared to our other options but let's be honest, he is pretty dire himself 75% of the time. I doubt many teams will be looking at him, just like they never when he was in Holland year after year.

I think some of you guys are really underrating him IMO.

I can remember plenty of times where this guy has stopped certain goals from going in by anticipating where the ball is going to go.

I can also remember when he has been at fault for some goals, but I can probably count on one hand the amount of times his mistakes have lead to goals.

When he's not in position it's always to cover the right back, be it Lowton or Bacuna who has let the left-sided midfielder or left-back in behind them, which leaves us light in the middle.

I agree and think he is an average player but looks better than he is because of shite he is surrounded with not really sure where the future is for this guy several things could happen tbf i got a feeling he might ask for a better contract next season and depending on the situation or the answer he may very well be gone next season.

Oh I see. So according to some one here we should also discourage and run our better players off because they only look "less shit" based on the "shit" around them? Sounds like a good strategy, we'll able to keep the really shit ones so then we won't have to debate if they are only good because of shit around them. You can then all universally chime in with equal unadultered vitriol at unanimous shite. I've seriously become bemused recently at some of the absolute bollox I read on here. Instead of encouraging the better ones to stay smh.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

He was crap last season and has been pretty good at times this season. Still not sure many top half teams would have him.

currently he would walk into Man United, Liverpool, City, Southampton, Newcastle and probably Spurs defence

• Like 1

Â