Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Stop making exuses for this guy he is our weake link bigtime as he was last season !!!!.Should not be captain let alone starting 11.It's a shame Okore is injuried.Lambert needs to wake up to himself and drop him.Problem is that now there is not much to replace him either.

Absolutely spot on. People keep making excuses for him having to "babysit" the likes of Clark and Baker, when I don't think he's as good as either of them. Terrible player.

Agree to disagree.

Good find :D

Stop making exuses for this guy he is our weake link bigtime as he was last season !!!!.Should not be captain let alone starting 11.It's a shame Okore is injuried.Lambert needs to wake up to himself and drop him.Problem is that now there is not much to replace him either.

Absolutely spot on. People keep making excuses for him having to "babysit" the likes of Clark and Baker, when I don't think he's as good as either of them. Terrible player.
Agree to disagree.

I'd be interested to know what those two posters think now.

I, like the majority it seems, thought he was "OK" last season. Big and strong, decent with the ball at his feet and good vocally but perhaps talked a better game than he showed. He made too many fundamental errors and lunged in once too often leaving us exposed to be considered a rock to build around. Something he himself admitted. He tried too hard basically, he didn't place enough faith in those around him to play their own game, whether that be Baker or Clark (though at times who can blame him).

Since then, this season, he has been far and away our most consistent performer. It has helped that the other two have improves immensely. The errors have gone, he's stayed on his feet and he's lead us up the table. He's grown into the role and into the club.

He's a different type of centre half to Mellberg and Laursen but he's every bit the leader they were. I love him.

• Like 3

I thought he was a bit to soft last year and was bullied in the air quite a bit. Looking back though he was put into a ridiculous situation with rookies all around him. He's come through it and really looks a quality centre half this season.

Ron is unimpeachable. I will never forget when he made a huge effort to return not fully fit against Sunderland. Hero.  :)

I agree, even though I'm not quite sure what unimpeachable means.

I don't even know if it's good or bad.

• Like 2

This guy is just essential to us. From MONs departure, our back four has always been wonky, especially since the Dunne and Collins partnership. I feel, for the first time in 4 years or so, that we now have a lynchpin to gel our defence together. And we're so fecking leaky without him....

Ron is unimpeachable. I will never forget when he made a huge effort to return not fully fit against Sunderland. Hero.  :)

I agree, even though I'm not quite sure what unimpeachable means.

I think it means that if he diddled an intern, no-one would want to sack him as captain. 

Ron is unimpeachable. I will never forget when he made a huge effort to return not fully fit against Sunderland. Hero. :)

I agree, even though I'm not quite sure what unimpeachable means.

I think it means that if he diddled an intern, no-one would want to sack him as captain.

That would be one lucky intern

• Like 2

He could be a club legend if he stays. Long way to go but the potential is there. He seems to love Villa and has taken it upon himself to lead the entire club. A player that the pride is mutually exclusive. I'm proud he's our captain and he seems proud of it too.

It is what he does. Remember the video from his previous club where he took the microphone on the pitch. That was awesome.

• Like 1

Agree to disagree.

I'd be interested to know what those two posters think now.

They’ll vanish like they usually do.

Already very noticeable that some people have just failed to post since we’ve won 2 on a trot.

Very strange...

Â