Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Could he be Villa's answer to Dirk Kuyt? Unheralded, unloved but a grafter with a knack of scoring goals...

Lets hope so, I believe he will be a big success here IMO. like milner,but with more goals!

If Holman can perform at a Kuyt level i'll be more than happy, I still can't believe Liverpool let Kuyt go for £1m

He is 32 though and hardly the sort of player that's going to help Liverpool get CL football again.

On Holman, as with all our other pre-season signings, I'm reserving judgement until I've seen them in a few league games.

If he grafts, the crowd will love him. Chuck in a few badly needed goals from midfield and he'll be completely overlook any obvious lack of technical ability.

If anything, the Villa fans respect and love anyone who puts a shift in week-in, week-out.

Lets hope he is the new Platt but lets at least wait until he has a few games under his belt first, it isn´t all that long ago our American posters were telling us that Bradley was the next.... oh I forget who now....

Another player written off after only having a few kicks of the ball here. A player that went on to have an excellent season last year and from that has now signed for Roma. Good example.

Actually it was a perfectly adequate example for the point I was making, unless Roma are now in the Premier League? Not my fault you missed the point.

The point was that a (several) Australian fans are I think overly confident about Holman´s ability based upon his performances in Holland and for their national side. Which is exactly the same as the views of American posters around the time Bradley arrived here which is why I used it as an example and why it is actually a good example. If you can´t see that, well that is your issue.

Whatever Bradley has gone on to do in Italy doesn´t change a thing, he still failed to impress in the Premier League. The Italian league just like the Dutch league is inferrior to the Premier League. The point I made about players coming from Holland could just as easily be made about players coming from Italy, that form in other leagues is simply no guarentee of performances in the Premier League. Although obviously the standard of the league in Italy is far higher than that in Holland.

As for Bradley I don´t see the point in getting into a debate again about him, it has been done to death and there really is nothing new to be added.

And yet you cant help but reply. It seems you missed my point also. But not to worry as you dont want to get in a debate about it.

I got your points. You thought Bradley a bad example and I explained why it wasn't and you think Bradley and In turn Holman were/are being written off too early. I don't agree regarding Bradley and I'm not writing Holman off.

So no I don't think I missed anything I just don't agree with you but that is hardly unusual.

Give Holman time because he WILL be a star here. He is still adjusting to the pace but he has a fantastic engine and will score a lot of goals from midfield ..... keep the faith with this one !

I second we should give him more time.

In all honesty what did he worse than CNZ today???

His work rate is encouraging, just thought he snatched at his chances during the match which is understandable on his Prem debut.

I have faith he'll come good but not sure what position he is? He doesn't play like an out and out winger..

A very very sub standard player, not surprising considering he was signed by McTwat.

Based on? One fluffed shot and a misplaced cross in his league debut?

Please.

Presumably. Although he'll probably tell you that he saw every game he played for AZ.

someone on my coach said hes a poor mans james milner and he was on that performance, i just dont think hes a winger

He is NOT a winger. Never has been, never will be.

His spot is in the middle, generally just behind the striker, with a license to roam and the engine to back that up.

someone on my coach said hes a poor mans james milner and he was on that performance, i just dont think hes a winger

He is NOT a winger. Never has been, never will be.

His spot is in the middle, generally just behind the striker, with a license to roam and the engine to back that up.

True but his touch on the ball was **** awful, he will get his chance though and everyone needs to understand it will take the new players time to settle.

Maybe he was to nervous to just let it flow, sometimes you can try too hard.

If Ireland plays like that again I wouldn't be surprised to see Holman given a chance in that position.

True but his touch on the ball was **** awful, he will get his chance though and everyone needs to understand it will take the new players time to settle.

Maybe he was to nervous to just let it flow, sometimes you can try too hard.

If Ireland plays like that again I wouldn't be surprised to see Holman given a chance in that position.

Sadly, his touch is not great. I doubt it will improve much either.

He plays a bit like gabby: always at top speed and at the cost of tight control.

I suspect he will be very valuable for us, but he will infuriate as much as he delights.

Â