Brett Holman

ozvillafan

First off, some people's thoughts on Holman so far are soooooo funny...it's like people were expecting Messi in disguise and then let down when he had his first bad game...clueless

Secondly...this might be one for the Aussies and it is very random, but does Holman have a stutter?

I was at west ham on sat and holman had a baptism of fire. He did keep trying but nothing stuck when it came to him, passes went astray nothing went for the lad It was the right decision to take him off. (I didn't agree with taking N'Zog off) Welcome to the prem Brett.

Why is it no one hits the ground running when they come to Villa?

I was at west ham on sat and holman had a baptism of fire. He did keep trying but nothing stuck when it came to him, passes went astray nothing went for the lad It was the right decision to take him off. (I didn't agree with taking N'Zog off) Welcome to the prem Brett.

Heskey scored on his debut.

I was there too and did not think he was half as bad as some of the reviews, although that heat and the pints I had before the match probably did not help. I think the pace caught him out a bit and it might take him a bit because he will not have as much time on the ball as he is used to seeing in the Eredivisie...but I really do think he will be a good contributor of goals once he finds his feet

First off, some people's thoughts on Holman so far are soooooo funny...it's like people were expecting Messi in disguise and then let down when he had his first bad game...clueless

Secondly...this might be one for the Aussies and it is very random, but does Holman have a stutter?

As far as I know, he doesn't have a stutter. Could just be his accent. A mix of Dutch and Aussie English?

It looked to me that Holman was a bit taken aback with the pace of the game and the lack of time he had on the ball. We have said all along that he will take time to adjust to the pace & physicality of the Premier League.

Personally, I don't think he should be starting at this stage - he would be far more effective coming on fresh when the opposition are tiring a bit. And while I'm not the guy's biggest fan, I think this writing him off on the basis of one ineffective game is utterly ridiculous.

It looked to me that Holman was a bit taken aback with the pace of the game and the lack of time he had on the ball. We have said all along that he will take time to adjust to the pace & physicality of the Premier League.

Personally, I don't think he should be starting at this stage - he would be far more effective coming on fresh when the opposition are tiring a bit. And while I'm not the guy's biggest fan, I think this writing him off on the basis of one ineffective game is utterly ridiculous.

Yeah I completely agree with you, he looks to have a good attitude and work ethic tied in with seeming to possess a great engine.

But that was his first game in the Premiership and it did seem to be taken aback by the pace and pressure he faced.

Like you have written, it will take him time to adjust and I think he will or at least always give 100% in an effort to.

One thing in the West Ham game was he did give the ball away a lot but the reason for this could very well have been the reasons already stated.

I agree with you and think he'd be best suited to coming on for the last 20-30 minutes however I wonder who would start currently instead of him?

• 2 weeks later...

Must have watched a different game.

All I saw was a guy running round like a mad man, chasing down his first touch, giving away constant free-kicks, standing off Ben Arfa for the goal and giving away another stupid foul in the minute that Guzan made a top, top save from.

I admire his work rate but come on, that wasn't a good performance,

Poor fo the goalp tho IMO

This

At fault for the goal and should have closed Ben Arfa down instead of giving him acres to get a shot off.

Â