Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Must have watched a different game.

All I saw was a guy running round like a mad man, chasing down his first touch, giving away constant free-kicks, standing off Ben Arfa for the goal and giving away another stupid foul in the minute that Guzan made a top, top save from.

I admire his work rate but come on, that wasn't a good performance,

This. A few times going forward he looked OK. But in the main I thought his positional sense was poor and he seemed to have difficulty getting into the game. As someone has said he seemed to well off the pace. Maybe that will come in time. He does look potentially strong but has he got the pace & stamina?

the annoying thing for the goal was that he made the effort to get back, had the sense to push ben arfa on to his right... and then completely stopped and just stood there

im not writing him off, his work rate is superb but some of his final balls and decision making isnt right

i think ponky is right

Yep spot on, I felt he was trying to show him on his right side, but then he goes and puts it into the top corner.

Ben Arfa was a stroppy little gob shite doing F all till that point, he just has that game changing quality in him. Too bad Weimann fluffed his chance at the other end soon after...

Given some games to run I think Holman will be very good for us. Ran his socks off but with enough games under his belt he'll improve his game on the ball as well. We need player like Holman who chaces down the balls and backtracks like lunatic :D

Yeah you could see what he was doing with Ben Arfa there, showing him inside on his weaker right foot instead of giving him the opportunity to go on his left one.

I think if he can get used to the pace of the Premier League then he'll be a good player for us. Can't fault his work ethic, he's a beast when we don't have the ball.

I think bringing Holman in was a nice bit of business. He has a tremendous work ethic, he is very disciplined and his movement isnt to bad either, so far it seems he is a little technically limited, however we can take encouragement from the fact that he is trying to do the right things, he just isnt executing them as regularly as we would like. It will come though, im not expecting him to be massive hit for us, but he could have an important role within the squad.

I didn't watch the game today but the opinions in the match thread are the reason I love football, and the reasons sites like this thrive, opinion.

Some in the match thread said he was the worst player on the pitch, others said MOTM .

I love football.

Holman will get better over time.. I think he has what it takes to be as good at passing the ball as some of our other players, he just needs time. I think at times he looked very good today and got the odd good pass in, I think he's just in a side with players that are so much better than him that he can look a bit average at times.

Great squad player but doesn't have the touch and technique of a top premier league player. I do like him though, but i'm not really sure why!

Me too. He scored quite regularly during pre season so I get the feeling he might score the winner in a couple of games this season.

Â