Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Some real brain dead morons around. Judging a player after one match, in a new team, new league, opening fixture and on his debut no less.

Just **** off for **** sake, absolutely no common sense around anymore. I hope no one of any importance pays any attention to this site. What an embarrassment some of you are.

Give the new lads, the manager and the players who are still getting used to being let in the oppo's half a chance and some time to adapt, it's gonna be Christmas or maybe even next season before everything starts to fit together.

You know what I'm just not gonna bother going on, **** it, it's a fruitless endeavour trying to explain anything on here.

Yeah there all shit, **** lambert, **** Holmann, they're all words removed.

Up until about 2 weeks ago we were still being told how makoun was going to be a good player.

People who have seen him on a regular basis say he works hard but is limited technically. This has been shown against forest and west ham yet you're a negative idiot if you don't have faith he'll turn into an attacking force at premier league level.

So why cant he improve? Is this as good as he will get? Why cant he focus on aspects of his game that need work, improve them and become a much better player? Like I said, people are writing him off based on 2 friendlies and his first competitive start which is moronic.

Also, no one's asking him to become some huge massive attacking force that conquers the world, but he can become a valuable asset to our team who gives a lot. But no, he played shit for a few fitness building friendlies and got nervous during his debut, lets write him off and hope he never plays for us again.

:thumb:

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to hope a 28 year old who tries really hard improves their technical ability?

Like I said I think we need better than the likes of holman, nzogbia and albrighton.

Of course it would but thats not what we're discussing is it and it still doesnt mean he cant improve himself and become a better player does it?

Wouldn't it be nice to not have to hope a 28 year old who tries really hard improves their technical ability?

Like I said I think we need better than the likes of holman, nzogbia and albrighton.

Of course it would but thats not what we're discussing is it and it still doesnt mean he cant improve himself and become a better player does it?

Theres obviously the chance he will improve as a player here. I don't think it makes you an idiot if you doubt he will be good enough though.

At 28 I doubt it.

Well it still is a bad example IMO and your opinion is that its not but that doesn't mean I didn't get your points.

So I didn't miss anything I just don't agree with you but that is hardly unusual.

Reminds me I must pop to the "things that piss you off" thread about people who start sentences with "Actually."

No it wasn´t a bad example for the reasons I´ve already explained regardless of what you think, as I said not my problem if you can´t see that.

Well it still is a bad example IMO and your opinion is that its not but that doesn't mean I didn't get your points.

So I didn't miss anything I just don't agree with you but that is hardly unusual.

Reminds me I must pop to the "things that piss you off" thread about people who start sentences with "Actually."

No it wasn´t a bad example for the reasons I´ve already explained regardless of what you think, as I said not my problem if you can´t see that.

I cant say this any more times and likewise not my problem if you can´t see that, but IMO it is a bad example regardless of your reasons.

Was never my favorite Aussie National team player, but as said previously he can frustrate as much as excite. Give him some time, we were poor in the final 3rd and he didn't do his best work (neither did Ireland or N'Zogbia for that matter). He will come good, hopefully if he gets a chance at home.

I'm not sure he's going to get to ten. Ten starts is most definitely in doubt. And - before I'm jumped on - I've watched him for the best part of a decade.

What makes you say that? Do you think he'll be dropped before he gets to ten games?

Not necessarily ten starts then :) I'll wait until he's made ten appearances :D

The distance between Holman's good and bad games is vast and the gaffer of a relegation-threatened club - undeniable on the basis of last season - will desire consistency/reliability as much as any characteristic, which Holman also struggles to provide. That's why I doubt he'll continue to start, though it's been my exaggeration to submit his not playing in ten total. Also because he plays in an advanced position yet possesses negligible creativity, allied to limited vision. It seems alien to my understanding of the game's tactical requirements for one to play an entire career as a designated #10 yet be doing one's best work off the ball. Most obviously, he was not Lambert's acquisition; a circumstance which has, time and again, turned out unfavourably for the player concerned.

At 28 I doubt it.

Why?

Becoming a better player for us could have simply meant getting used to the league. He played less than 10 games. I don't think it'd be unreasonable to think a player could improve their game with us, after getting experience of the speed of the league.

Was away at V fest for the first game and still havent seen the game... :L

Was he really that bad ?

Nope he wasn't.

He was just ineffective. Could be many reasons for it eg rest of the team, the way West Ham defended, knock he picked up in midweek or he just was below par.

Chalk it off and on to the next one.

A very very sub standard player, not surprising considering he was signed by McTwat.
That sums up why people will always be quick to damn him. He will struggle to shake of the curse of McLeish, whatever the truth about how he plays.

BTW, he was subbed off and replaced by Weimann so I think it was a tactical substitution as much as anything else. No shame in that. It's the sort of thing that Lambert does.

No but there is shame in being shit and ineffectual which is exactly what his performance was.

If we have to rely on the likes of Brett Holman going forward this season then we are ****. Well and truly.

Â