Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Lets hope he is the new Platt but lets at least wait until he has a few games under his belt first, it isn´t all that long ago our American posters were telling us that Bradley was the next.... oh I forget who now....

Another player written off after only having a few kicks of the ball here. A player that went on to have an excellent season last year and from that has now signed for Roma. Good example.

Actually it was a perfectly adequate example for the point I was making, unless Roma are now in the Premier League? Not my fault you missed the point.

The point was that a (several) Australian fans are I think overly confident about Holman´s ability based upon his performances in Holland and for their national side. Which is exactly the same as the views of American posters around the time Bradley arrived here which is why I used it as an example and why it is actually a good example. If you can´t see that, well that is your issue.

Whatever Bradley has gone on to do in Italy doesn´t change a thing, he still failed to impress in the Premier League. The Italian league just like the Dutch league is inferrior to the Premier League. The point I made about players coming from Holland could just as easily be made about players coming from Italy, that form in other leagues is simply no guarentee of performances in the Premier League. Although obviously the standard of the league in Italy is far higher than that in Holland.

As for Bradley I don´t see the point in getting into a debate again about him, it has been done to death and there really is nothing new to be added.

And yet you cant help but reply. It seems you missed my point also. But not to worry as you dont want to get in a debate about it.

I got your points. You thought Bradley a bad example and I explained why it wasn't and you think Bradley and In turn Holman were/are being written off too early. I don't agree regarding Bradley and I'm not writing Holman off.

So no I don't think I missed anything I just don't agree with you but that is hardly unusual.

Well it still is a bad example IMO and your opinion is that its not but that doesn't mean I didn't get your points.

So I didn't miss anything I just don't agree with you but that is hardly unusual.

Reminds me I must pop to the "things that piss you off" thread about people who start sentences with "Actually."

Some real brain dead morons around. Judging a player after one match, in a new team, new league, opening fixture and on his debut no less.

Just **** off for **** sake, absolutely no common sense around anymore. I hope no one of any importance pays any attention to this site. What an embarrassment some of you are.

Give the new lads, the manager and the players who are still getting used to being let in the oppo's half a chance and some time to adapt, it's gonna be Christmas or maybe even next season before everything starts to fit together.

You know what I'm just not gonna bother going on, **** it, it's a fruitless endeavour trying to explain anything on here.

Yeah there all shit, **** lambert, **** Holmann, they're all words removed.

He made some bad choices when he had the ball and he looked off the pace but it was his first Premier League game, some players get straight into it and some don't, West Ham are horrible as well it was a tough place for a debut.

What I don't understand is all these people who were saying 'it won't happen overnight', 'this is a long term project' etc are so judgmental after one match.

I think the real problem is, people were deluded about our team/squad ahead of West Ham and arrogantly dismissed West Ham as a team we would automatically beat solely on the basis that we have Paul Lambert instead of Alex McLeish, that's why so many people are disappointed and angry.

I reckon Brett will do alright, for me he will only be a squaddie in the long term anyway Agbonlahor will have that spot when he is back (or we dare to dream we may sign a winger...). We'll be fine.

Some real brain dead morons around. Judging a player after one match, in a new team, new league, opening fixture and on his debut no less.

Just **** off for **** sake, absolutely no common sense around anymore. I hope no one of any importance pays any attention to this site. What an embarrassment some of you are.

Give the new lads, the manager and the players who are still getting used to being let in the oppo's half a chance and some time to adapt, it's gonna be Christmas or maybe even next season before everything starts to fit together.

You know what I'm just not gonna bother going on, **** it, it's a fruitless endeavour trying to explain anything on here.

this times a billion

He's no good. I've seen him three times in the flesh and he's nothing more than average. If that's being a "brain dead moronic fickle ****" then so be it. That's my opinion on what I've seen. Less of the abuse lads, we're all entitled to an opinion, and if others think he's going to be a very good player, well you're entitled to say it. I don't agree, but I won't abuse you for it. Get a grip Villa fans.

He's no good. I've seen him three times in the flesh and he's nothing more than average. If that's being a "brain dead moronic fickle ****" then so be it. That's my opinion on what I've seen. Less of the abuse lads, we're all entitled to an opinion, and if others think he's going to be a very good player, well you're entitled to say it. I don't agree, but I won't abuse you for it. Get a grip Villa fans.

No abuse but you're being incredibly hasty. A couple of friendlies and a game where the entire attack weren't up to much to say the least, is not enough time to form an adequate judgment of a player - least of all one who has just come in from a different league/country.

Three times? Good grief, when's the biography out then? :P

In all seriousness though, my post wasnt aimed at you or people who have specifically singled out Brett, its aimed at those who have written our whole team and our season off after one match and who arent happy unless they are talking negative bile and shit about the villa instead of looking at the long term and realising things will change as we go on.

Also, Petrov was complete shit for his first season and he didnt turn out too bad once he got settled and used to his surroundings.

As I've said all along he is the sort of player who will frustrate half of the time and delight the other half, often in the same passage of play. As an avid follower of our national team I hated him for so long for performances like we saw yesterday - he always promised so much and delivered so little.

However, over the past few years I've seen a great deal value in what he brings to his teams. He deserves time to adjust to this league and develop his game because I think he will become an important piece of the puzzle as the season wears on, but more in a super sub kind of role rather than a regular starter.

And he is no more a winger than Stephen Ireland.

West Ham are also a very physical side.. The likes of KEA, Lowton, Vlaar and Holman were thrown in at the deep end.. It will take time, but they will get there. You also have to think about nerves, adrenaline and excitment. I noticed Holman and KEA made a few heavy passes they probably weren't proud of but it was their debut in the best league in the World. If they are still making those kind of nerve induced errors come January then we can worry, until then let them adapt.

Good post :thumb:

I hate the mentality of a lot of Villa fans.

Up until about 2 weeks ago we were still being told how makoun was going to be a good player.

People who have seen him on a regular basis say he works hard but is limited technically. This has been shown against forest and west ham yet you're a negative idiot if you don't have faith he'll turn into an attacking force at premier league level.

Â