Brett Holman

ozvillafan

I agree. He cost nothing and has done very well so far. A nice little parting gift from McLeish which Lambert has already acknowledged.

Which was about the only good thing the word removed left, and even then I'd give more credit to Numan.

Excellent, glad to see those stats.

Got a link?

And got a link to the Four Four Two stats that showed his high pass completion percentage? Genuinely interested to see them

As I said it's a phone app.

It was all about the finish, but still he gets an assist at Liverpool. That's equal second on assists with Westwood, behind Benteke.

I said this in the match discussion threead too, but I might as well say it here too. He didn't just pass the ball to Benteke for his goals, he also took an immediate run to get into a good position which made it harder for the liverpool defence to defend. How many times do we see a player that gets the ball to one of our strikers and then just stands there watching what happens? Far too often in the past.

• Like 1

I said this in the match discussion threead too, but I might as well say it here too. He didn't just pass the ball to Benteke for his goals, he also took an immediate run to get into a good position which made it harder for the liverpool defence to defend. How many times do we see a player that gets the ball to one of our strikers and then just stands there watching what happens? Far too often in the past.

Yeah thats very true. The lack of movement have been one of our biggest problems in recent seasons. Too many players standing still when passing and receiving the ball.

To use the worst example possible just look at Barca. Their biggest strenght (apart from Messi) is their constant movement, it makes it easier for the players to find an open teammate and it makes it harder for the opponents to defend.

This is one area where Holman is very good and i guess this it's one of the skills you pick up when getting your schooling in Holland, just sub him when he's tired or throw him in when the opposition is and he'll be very usefull. Limited player but very usefull when played to his strenghts

• Like 1

Yeah thats very true. The lack of movement have been one of our biggest problems in recent seasons. Too many players standing still when passing and receiving the ball.

To use the worst example possible just look at Barca. Their biggest strenght (apart from Messi) is their constant movement, it makes it easier for the players to find an open teammate and it makes it harder for the opponents to defend.

This is one area where Holman is very good and i guess this it's one of the skills you pick up when getting your schooling in Holland, just sub him when he's tired or throw him in when the opposition is and he'll be very usefull. Limited player but very usefull when played to his strenghts

That was the problem against Stoke as well, even though Holman played in that game too, he didn't move enough up the field to the border of the penalty box or inside the penalty box, Lambert probably saw that and told him to get involved.

Holman caused Pool a lot of problems on Saturday and the 3rd goal was a great bit of counter-attacking play from him.

Unless Ireland or N-Zogbia do something really special when they get a chance, for me Holman is an important name in our starting 11. The 3-5-2 formation I think we have players that do suit it, with Holman Zog and Ireland certainly being good examples.

Â