Brett Holman

ozvillafan

Well you say that, but I had a look myself.

Premier League Pass Success Rate (Average over all games played):

Fabian Delph - 88.4%

Ashley Westwood - 86.3%

Karim El Ahmadhi - 85.0%

Stephen Ireland - 78.4%

Barry Bannan - 78.4%

Brett Holman - 73%

So of our regular midfielders this season, he has comfortably the worst passing accuracy

In fact, even Gabby, N'Zogbia and Weimann come in with better passing stats with 78.4%, 75.8% and 75% respectively. And the average of the whole team is 75.9% so he's behind that as well.

So yeah, his passing accuracy really doesn't back up your point at all.

Where did those stats come from? The ones I have are different.

There probably is, but I can't find it on whoscored. I'm sure opta have those stats but they're difficult to get hold of.

Incidentally, Whoscored also lists Holman's weaknesses (statistically) as "passing" and "holding onto the ball"

(and incidentally his strengths are "long shots" and "defensive contribution")

There probably is, but I can't find it on whoscored. I'm sure opta have those stats but they're difficult to get hold of.

Incidentally, Whoscored also lists Holman's weaknesses (statistically) as "passing" and "holding onto the ball"

(and incidentally his strengths are "long shots" and "defensive contribution")

Yeah, I was having a look around those places too :)

I'd agree with those strengths and weaknesses too.

I do like him, but a few times I've seen him be a bit guilty of ball watching.

It's almost like he's a land mine. He'll go off and close down well if the play is near to him but I do think he's caught standing still, lying dormant, when he could be tracking a run and closing the opposition's' play down when the ball is further away from him.

banger, i know the squad was shite, not to mention the pitch which was abysmal... it would be almost insulting if they got full caps for this series of qualifiers... and while it is not reflective of the overseas players, it goes some way to explain why emile seems to banging them in for fun in the A-league!!!

don't think wilkshere was playing but archie thompson and richard garcia were.... emerton looked like a carthorse, but did enough to score the winner.... matt mackay was probably the best player on the pitch, but as he was wearing a scrum-cap noone took him seriously...

going to watch the victory against the jets on 21st, so will be interesting to see how emile's going...

nice one rodders! if its victory at home, it will be a good atmosphere. Victory are a bit suspect at the back, so Emily may just get a couple. He needs some service though, teams seem to have worked Newcastle out.

From what I have seen he looks like a poor man's Ji Sung Park. Good work rate but not alot else. Decent squad player to have though.

well at moment Holman is a million times better than Park who has been an absolute dud for QPR

He's a player whose mind works much faster than his feet a lot of the time. I think that's why a fair few of his first touches can be so poor.

I reckon he has a certain level of technical ability (gained from almost a decade in the Eredivisie) but I don't think he's used to the pace of the Premier League yet.

From his performances so far, I think he's been improving, in terms of linking up with teammates and finding space. Hope the goal gives him the extra boost to kick on.

well at moment Holman is a million times better than Park who has been an absolute dud for QPR

Who hasn't been a dud for that over rated shower?

Ciise, Cesar, Park, Barton, Zamora, Green, Wright-Phillips etc.

When I see that team in there position it makes our team and situation look a miles lot better.

Premier League experience is the answer though! :rolleyes:.

...Add to that, Dawson, Adam, Berbatov, Hargreaves, Dempsey!

What a world beating team you would have right there! :mellow:

Exactly! - The only player in that group without any premier league experience too.

yeah but he does have a champions league gold medal, and what 5-6 serie A wins ? was one of the best goalies around for a long while in my opinion.. we should have bought him instead of given! and when he retiers he would have done good as a goalie coach..

Â