Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I think KEA is the most midfielder that goes in a scoring positions from our midfielders .. I'd start him over Sylla atm although I really like Sylla .. Still thinks he didn't have his proper chance this season ..

You are correct. KEA and Albrighton had 4 shots each. Gabby 3 and Benteke 1.

Not a great tackler
You're wrong on that one. Five tackles today. 7th in the Premier League for successful tackles per game. He's the best at our club and one of the best in the league. Two goals this season. ibjvwPhsoQNB7v.gifibuFheuPRBoBJh.gif Assist ib2qr7aqXRTqvb.gif Are members of the I hate KEA club the same as the I No images of him for first goal yesterday i see? Edited by HeyAnty

I am inclined to agree at least in part with what CON says here.

My eyes do tell me the same storey as these stats. His pressing has been very good this season and he is generally quite tidy with the ball.

However it is impossible to say we have no problems with our midfield so we have to look at the reasons for that.

One reason I believe is that KEA is quite easily pressed himself. His lack of strength on the ball means he is susceptible to a midfielder who get in to him quickly. He doesn't have a trick or turn of pace like Delph which allow him to get out of these tight situations.

This means we struggle to go through the phases with him and whilst he doesn't give it away it does shut down the link partially between midfield and attack.

He is making up for that to some extent with good runs in to the box (leading to his 2 goals) and winning the ball high up the pitch. However when you stick him in midfield with Westwood and Sylla it means with good pressing you can almost entirely divorce the midfield from the attack.

Yeah that why man u mates were laughing about him this morning to me. They also said u know your midfield is shocking when cleverly and a 40 year old giggs run the show.

Would you not have a "40 year old Giggs" in this squad?

yes we lose and people moan about him yet when we win he is rarely praised. Him and Vlaar get a lot of slack for no real reason

Thank you Zatman. This is exactly the post I wanted to do but couldn't find the succinctness. I don't think Vlaar gets hardly the same level of stick and for good reason. I was critical of him against Liverpool and last season and he has his faults but he is growing into a solid defender and the only one with an eye for a pass on the floor.

• Like 1

When mediocrities like Ahmadi are rated by some Villa fans, you start to realize just how long its been since we had a midfielder with genuine quality. Oh for a Paul Merson, Andy Townsend or a Sid Cowans. It makes you want to weep that our midfield has been reduced to nonentities like him.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

When mediocrities like Ahmadi are rated by some Villa fans, you start to realize just how long its been since we had a midfielder with genuine quality. Oh for a Paul Merson, Andy Townsend or a Sid Cowans. It makes you want to weep that our midfield has been reduced to nonentities like him.

It's almost like there is no middle ground with some of you, none of us are even slightly suggesting he is in that league, however he definitely does not deserve some of the ridiculous abuse and exaggerations of how shite he is. He tries his best and tries to make things tick, tries to have a shot and has scored some important goals for us. So yes, if you would like to call it "rated" in comparison to the very average/poor bunch we have then so be it.

You lot are making it seem as if it's Isiah Osbourne or something (no doubt some fool will come on and say they would rather have him over KEA).

One of the posts I read on here from a poster stated that he thought he could do a better job than KEA and I quote "and i'm not joking". So someone should be on the phone to him Asap!

Even Lee hendry!

Â