Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He seemed very angry at the Walsall fans for some reason.
I think they were singing your mum is a whore.
I think he must get this a lot because his stock response to scoring is always to shush the oppo fans or hands to ears or point out his name. I guess for them it's an easy piss take but a) he has probably had it his whole life ans B) it sounds like his home life has been complicated so it probably touches a raw spot Edited by sidcow

Hopefully a fully firing gabby for a full season will bang in 15 goals this yr. Was very surprised how well he took that goal last night.

yes although cant get too carried away as it was Walsall. He does look sharp though!

Edited by PaulC

Amazing goal against Walsall. 90% of it down to his speed, 10% the fact he's smart enough know if he just kicks the ball past a defender and runs, he'll get there first.  a lot of beauty in simplicity. Agbonlahor is a Dennis Rommedahl. entering his prime years as he approaches 30..

Edited by Con

I thought he looked a little bit lazy at times. In the way that he drifted into midfield, picked up the ball, and casually trotted along with it.

Although, he could have just been saving his energy, and making sure he didn't go all-out and get another pre-season injury.

Amazing goal against Walsall. 90% of it down to his speed, 10% the fact he's smart enough know if he just kicks the ball past a defender and runs, he'll get there first. a lot of beauty in simplicity. Agbonlahor is a Dennis Rommedahl. entering his prime years as he approaches 30..

He's 26.

• Like 1

He seemed very angry at the Walsall fans for some reason.

I think they were singing your mum is a whore.

Ah thanks, that would explain it. Bad idea really , he is a player who gets better the angrier he is imho. Also is that kind of stuff really needed at a friendly?

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

Shouldnt he be near the England squad now? How many other english players scored over 10 goals in the prem last year? Not that fussed as every time a Villa player gets in the England Squad, they usually leave us.

Except Gabby I think, can't imagine him leaving on his own volition. One of the reasons why he isn't too fussed about the national team might be the blatant tapping going on as he comes across as someone who hates that.

Shouldnt he be near the England squad now? How many other english players scored over 10 goals in the prem last year? Not that fussed as every time a Villa player gets in the England Squad, they usually leave us.

I'm sure if he got a transfer to a top 6 side, then he would be in the England squad...

Feel he could have one of the best seasons of his career this year. The attacking trio of Benteke, Weimann AND Agbonlahor must be a pretty daunting prospect for any defence and, you would think, it might be Gabby who's afforded most space to run at them.

In fairness, almost every time he's been called up to the England squad he's withdrawn through injury a day or so later. And on top of this, he missed the under 21 tournament because he was on holiday. I probably wouldn't pick him either, his heart clearly isn't in it for England.

Edited by Shillzz

Â