Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Stays injury free and he will going to Brazil next year.

No he won't, he doesn't play for a fashionable club.

Like Southampton? Carry on the way we are we will start becoming a pundits/media favourite due to the average age of our team. I've seen signs of it already.

Like Southampton? Carry on the way we are we will start becoming a pundits/media favourite due to the average age of our team. I've seen signs of it already.

Hodgson only likes Lambert because he's a big lad who Gerrard can hoof the ball at.

• Like 1

Only reason Lambert got in the squad was because of injuries and it was a friendly. The England picking is shocking and always had been. Zaha has some potential but is only in the England team because he's a Utd player. Lambert deserved his chance, Agbonlahor deserves a look in.

Young, Milner are now just sponging caps and not performing...

Edited by Jonoridge91

I don't want our players to play for England tbh.

Same here. Not just England but all national sides. Please do NOT pick our players.

I used to love our players getting caps, but now it is just meaningless friendlies and tapping up, what is the point?

Don't know about the rest of the Brummie Villa fans but for me there's nothing better than seeing one of our own destroy the opposition like Gabby did yesterday. That run for the first pen brought back memories of Dalian Atkinson many years ago.

Well played Gabby! Keep that up and the opposition defenders will be shitting themselves every time you take to the pitch this season.

The beauty of our attacking trio is when Benteke is marked by up to 3 men, Gabby can spearhead his way through a light midfield, Weimann can drag a few more out wide and in the end its a penalty x2.

They compliment each other so well and it shows that trying to mark Benteke out of the game can be just as dangerous as letting him play how he wants to.

Great performance from Gabby, true Villa legend. The tash is so bloody awful.

• Like 4

Great post above. People say Bentake will struggle this year because will get extra aftention but what they forgot is we have very dangerous players like Gabby and Weimenn (hopefully also Tonev and Helenius) that can't be given too much time.

It's been working well for most of 2013. Long may it continue.

The beauty of our attacking trio is when Benteke is marked by up to 3 men, Gabby can spearhead his way through a light midfield, Weimann can drag a few more out wide and in the end its a penalty x2.

They compliment each other so well and it shows that trying to mark Benteke out of the game can be just as dangerous as letting him play how he wants to.

They won't know who to mark.

Exactly, they tried yesterday with Benteke but it didn't work since Gabby used his pace and strength to bulldoze his way through what was left. I think it was the second penalty where Koscielny wasn't sure whether to leave Benteke and in the end was too late to challenge Gabby properly which resulted in a foul.

What's great now is that late in games when Gabby or Andi start to look a little jaded, we can throw on Tonev who is yet another player with buckets of pace.

Exactly, they tried yesterday with Benteke but it didn't work since Gabby used his pace and strength to bulldoze his way through what was left. I think it was the second penalty where Koscielny wasn't sure whether to leave Benteke and in the end was too late to challenge Gabby properly which resulted in a foul.

What's great now is that late in games when Gabby or Andi start to look a little jaded, we can throw on Tonev who is yet another player with buckets of pace.

Should make for an exciting season, I think we could really batter a few teams.

Â